Tom Wolf claims to be a politician who thinks outside the box. A new tax is not thinking outside the box. Landowners and consumers ultimately pay this new tax.
http://www.wolfforpa.com/sections/page/marcellus-shale

Views: 2358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

". . . it most certainly can happen here in pa, quickly and easily."

Sad but true.  And in far eastern PA it already has happened.

Again the Dems want a severance tax.  Thats all the Dems know. Taxes.  We already have one of the highest tax rates in the country. We are consistently rated in the bottom third as places to do business. And we are among the highest in per student spending in public schools.

And if they pass a severance tax of 5% whats to stop them there? In five years they will say "We need more money!" and raise to 7, then later to 10%.  Its in their genetics, they can't help themselves.

Stop them now or it will never be stopped.

I agree jim, but I am also a realist.

the wave of progressive thinking sweeping this country is likely unstoppable. people don't use good sense in these matters, they simply vote for the party or candidate who tells them the best lie.

lots of people think that "income equality" is now a noble and achievable goal. the dems put themselves forward as the party that will accomplish this for the little guy, by punishing success.

in the past these people have shot themselves in the foot while hurting our economy and our very way of life through voting, I expect that this severance tax issue will be no different.

Corbett is toast in the upcoming election, the only question now is how bad the next clown in Harrisburg will be.

hahahaha. yea lets wait. and as far as your ideal candidate being 'socially liberal'.  I don't care who sleeps with who. I do care when they try to put their 'idea's'  into schools as being okay, when I don't want my kids taught that.

you are the one who brought it up.

The newest Democratic tv ads for his bid for Governor points this out very clearly too.

"Sorry, I just don't see a ban on fracking in PA happening . . "
Uh, say what? Ever heard of the DRBC?

exactly frank, burying one's head in the sand regarding these matters will only result in surprise disappointment.

no matter though, the outcome is more or less inevitable. natural gas development in pa. will merely be collateral damage in a much greater conflict.

wj

"I didn't listen to the hardcore neo cons stating the world would end if Obama was elected"

give it time, big things don't happen overnite.

wj

Right you are wj , right you are.

If these last 6 years haven't proven POTUS is a flaming Communist Dictator , Hell bent on shifting this great nation off it's foundation , I don't know what would. Sad he yet has champions,even on GMS.

yup, real sad trapper.

but he did promise a fundamental transformation, a majority voted for it, and we sure as hell are getting it.

not to worry, it won't be long. we can only borrow until the lenders stop lending.

wj

I see you have gone from dems won't ban fracking, to 'I don't expect a complete ban on fracking'. hahahaha

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service