If you live in Trumbull County, Ohio you may have received offers to buy your mineral rights. Those offers have probably been quite low.

Buy low, sell high; Strike while the iron is hot etc. The folks behind these offers are attempting to take advantage of the disappointment of land owners in Trumbull County. Disappointment by the recent actions of BP and Halcon. They see an opportunity to buy mineral rights on the cheap and sell them later for extreme profits when the value of those mineral rights rise.

If someone is willing to buy your mineral rights then it must mean that they see future development coming. My suggestion is that landowners remain calm and exercise a little patience. Development will come.

Views: 5764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dyngel Berry,  Nice Title, how did you come up with this?

Leaseholds are for sale but do you see any buyers?

From what I read they have 2 1/2 years before they come to term.

Watching and reading for word on buyers.

Valuable items do not take 2 1/2 years to sell.

Seems to me that would depend on a lot of variables including what's being sold.

So I'll agree that we disagree on this point James - and that's alright - we don't have to agree on everything do we ?

Good Morning Dexter. A brisk one for this time of year. You stated  - "Not my job to help the area.  Not my job to hurt the area.  This is a forum for people to interact and some folks are simply putting their faith into something that I--and many others--see as an improbable possibility." -  

I still think that it is your, and others, intent to soften the area. I -- and I think many other landowners -- still see possibility. Just think of us as stubborn. There just seems to be too much interest in explaining why we have nothing of value beneath us.  I also think that the O&G industry is doing nothing wrong in trying to procure acreage for as little money as possible. Softening the field and tamping down expectations helps in that regard. The only one who can err in that respect is the landowner by letting our guard down. Who are we harming by being cautious? You bristled at the word hope. Numbers are real, hope is abstract. Don't both concepts drive even O&G companies? Why all the fuss? If nothing is there, why bother with any of this discussion? I am sure you and others have more important things to do. 

Sage, its called reverse psychology.

sage, its only a matter of time hilcorp has a dozen wells just east of the ohio line, once they start producing and the numbers come out the naysayers will go away.

Pat n, I'm certainly no expert, but Hilcorp strikes me as a welcome partner in Ohio. I've read about the company, and if their values and intentions are even half of what they state on their website, there is a cup of coffee waiting for their representative at my house. I really like the fact that it is a privately held American company, and not as answerable to global and shareholder pressures. Maybe they can just simply do a better job than BP and Halcon. I bet there are a lot of cups of coffee waiting in Northeast Ohio for a tough and honest company.

We would like to hear from them as well Sage59 and pat n.

J-O

sage, i do think hilcorp cracked the northern code,because their not drilling exploratory wells. their drilling sites are close to one another some are under a mile apart.

There just seems to be too much interest in explaining why we have nothing of value beneath us.

Oh, I think there are indeed valuable resources beneath us. I just don't think --currently--they're readily retrieveable. Therein lies the difference in people's perceptions. One cannot equate availability of minerals with production. It's like having money in a bank but the bank has shuttered its doors. It's your money, just in the bank's possession, so you still don't have it. 

People are allowed to express dissenting opinions. Nobody is being forced--by anyone--to sell any of their (unleased) rights or minerals. 

If you like your minerals, you can keep your minerals. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service