Trying to educate here. Is Fracing exempted from the clean water act? I saw a story somewhere recently but cant find it, anyone got a link?

Views: 3725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Matthew,

There is no such thing as a "Fracing Spill".

There may be "spills" but none caused by fracing.

The  fracing has never caused pollution.

You and the other antis just can;t bring yourselves to admit it.

Sad.

Jessee,

Great source, the Church of England, Not!

Of course we all know what a respected source of scientific information that organization is, Not!

You too are sad.

I think you guys are all arguing different things.  When Mark says that fracking is safe and has never caused any pollution, he is talking about the process that goes on underground where the shale is fractured into smaller pieces. There has never been shown that any pollution has occurred where the source was the fracked shale itself.

He is not saying the shale extraction process is without environmental risks. He knows there are surface accidents, spills, broken lines, some gas escapes, fluids need to be properly disposed of, flaring produces pollution, off gassing, and many other related health issues.

So you are all correct but on different points.

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification.

But comingling issues is a tactic used by the anti shale left. So it is intentional on their part.

Not being willing to acknowledge that fracing has never caused pollution is also an anti shale tactic.

The left will never acknowledge that fracing is fundamentally safe because it is their main target. Without fracing shale development dies, and that is what they truly want.

Thanks again for your effort.

I swore I wouldn't post on this issue anymore but now I have too.
I am in no way an anti fracking person in any way. I've put myself on the line defending this practice (process) to my neighbors, friends and honestly anyone that will listen.
I researched this for as long as I've known about it (I get not as long as you)starting with the Fayetteville shale, years before the Utica was the new big thing.
We are all allowed opinions and should be able to have them without being labeled.

Kathleen...you are right.  But you have to remember that in life you sometimes come across people who appear to be very limited in their thinking, kind of low functioning/difficulty processing, and therefore sees things only as black and white...and also, it appears, that if you couple that with some underlying anger, and a borderline personality disorder feature, you end up with someone who has poor listening skills, quickly labels people, and is unable to communicate and express themselves in an appropriate manner.

Jim,

I am all for the new drilling and fracking techniques employed today (They have to be much safer than they were years ago).  What really irks me is why people are picking nits about spills and possible accidents - what "could Happen".  As a young man, I witnessed on many occasions, frac tanks dumping water into our streams in Trumbull county. 

Again I ask the naysayers to cite one incidence of pollution due to hydraulic fracturing.

Stop with the rhetoric, stop with the personal attacks; just post one incident.

KDJ I hope you found your answer.  Fracing is not exempt-it is not included because it is regulated at the state level.  Something else to consider is that many states use brine water to treat winter roads.   I'm in OH which uses brine mixed with calcium chloride and magnesium chloride for ice control.  That is what you see the tankers spreading before storms.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service