How can a landowner be sure their lease stays with a USA domestic oil and gas company ?

What can landowners do to make sure their lease stays with a US domestic oil and gas company?

We need to make sure our precious domestic American oil and gas isn't owned and controlled by any foreign country, especially those with evidence of hostility towards America.

Generations of American have been violently manipulated by the international organizations which control the supply of oil. America has fallen to #2 while China has risen to #1 in global economics. Americans are suffering from long term financial stress and many little hope for economic and social recovery. Yet, we find we are sitting on the largest, most valuable oil and gas reserves in the world!

Generations of Americans have had to submit by paying a high price when our government decides to fight wars over foreign oil, government pay-offs to terrorists and warlords in exchange for fewer attacks on foreign supply lines,

Oil prices affect every American at the gas pump, at the grocery store, and for all goods and services we use every day.

Recently,  huge reserves of domestic oil and gas have been discovered in America!

According to production reports the oil and gas find in the North Eastern United States is larger than anything we've ever seen, including everything in the Middle East!

According to www.gomarcellusshale.com the 2 largest producing wells in the US are currently reported to be located in Monroe County, Ohio and in Harrison County, Ohio.

The potential economic and social benefits of this discovery is America's only hope for survival as a nation. Domestic oil and gas production controlled by Americans will mean businesses and jobs for Americans, stable income for Americans, increased funding for social programs, and a stronger stable nation.  We wouldn't need to participate in wars over foreign oil, we could finally bring our troops home, and have good paying jobs for all Americans.

Domestic oil and gas, if managed properly, gives our nation the opportunity to be self-sustaining and finally cut ties with the foreign entities which so easily manipulate us with foreign oil. 

It is very alarming to hear that Chesapeake and others intend to sell out to Communist China.

As China negotiates to buy Chesapeake, our government remains oblivious and uninvolved.

No one has stepped up to make sure these desperate deals made by CEO's will not harm American citizens!

What laws and regulations exist which protect American citizens, American natural resources, (oil, gas, water, uranium, etc) and America's vital infrastructure from being purchased, controlled and manipulated by potentially hostile

foreign entities?

Another concern is that many landowners were told that the lease was for oil and gas, but the actual lease is for ALL minerals from the surface to the center of the earth. This includes Uranium or Throium or other Radioactive components. If the leases are sold to China, they could inherit the rights to radioactive materials, as well. 

What legal action can be taken by landowners to change the current contracts or leases to indicate they do not want their property to fall under control of a foreign nation ?

What can the Governor of Ohio do to protect Ohio residents who sold their mineral rights to Chesapeake and others who may act with wreckless disregard for the landowners and the nations best interest?

Will  Gov. Kasich create regulations which prevent foreign countries from manipulating our very own oil and gas supplies against Ohio residents?

What provisions should landowners include in future contracts to prevent the sale or transfer of their lease to a communist controlled country such as China or any organization with hostile intent towards America?

Views: 4506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well I certainly didn' t talk about castration...so that wasn't in my post.

yes, for all of us members that do spend the time researching the links, info, etc.   we aren't getting $ for it...but sharing to help others and ourselves to understand what all this shale stuff is about and how it does affect our economy and our futures...and even our own lands.   

I have absolutely NO IDEA what China intends to do?

Do you?

They do...clearly China's motives are stated in their BRICs declaration.   If someone would take the time to read more about BRICs then you can clearly see the game plan or shall I say the monopoly plan?   And even Global Infrastructure Partners isn't hiding what they are doing...it is in their name.   Just bought up 3 intl. airports?   is that something normal that our US companies ever did?

It is all right here...just read it, use the scroll as it is somewhat lengthy...it tells that they are wanting to enact a new system for the globe.

http://www.bricsindia.in/delhi-declaration.html

that is why I stated in one post WHERE is the USA regarding BRICs?

I ask you all where did Brazil, Russia, India, and China get their help to build their infrastructures in retail, gas/oil development, telecommunications, etc., even charitable loans for many years to help their people? and still do.   that is why I say where is the involvement of our own USA in all of this?    some research then...on why.   If indeed they do not agree in their platform why let BRICs buy them out?   or is it that the people of America do not know about all of this..and sweet deals are being done and the excuse is we don't agree...while the taxpayers are footing the bill...and only a few of the companies are making the monies from the sales that China is making over here? and the some of the media is focused on what size of soft drink you can purchase...whether children can salute the flag or even say a prayer in school or even sing "our country tis of thee'?   Lets now focus on the real story going on behind the scenes and now coming to light ....so it can be sorted out...can be discussed and some involvement from some with wisdom on finding solutions.

If the BRICs do have a better plan than the existing one...then shouldn't our people in the USA start learning about it instead of being submissive to it because of what they buy and who they buy from?  Cause it will be too late to say, hey I don't like this...when you cannot purchase your oil and gas from anyone that is a USA citizen anymore (that is up the market chain...as the service stations are not the extractors but many of them are owned by India)...are all US citizens or illegals or non citizens?   matters to me...does it to you?

Yes, these commie rat bast_____s are stating some bad stuff in their BRIC manifesto:

4.  We envision a future marked by global peace, economic and social
progress and enlightened scientific temper. We stand ready to work with
others, developed and developing countries together, on the basis of
universally recognized norms of international law and multilateral
decision making, to deal with the challenges and the opportunities
before the world today. Strengthened representation of emerging and
developing countries in the institutions of global governance will
enhance their effectiveness in achieving this objective

39. Energy based on fossil fuels will continue to dominate the energy mix for the foreseeable future. We will expand sourcing of clean and renewable energy, and use of energy efficient and alternative technologies, to meet the increasing demand of our economies and our people, and respond to climate concerns as well. In this context, we emphasise that international cooperation in the development of safe nuclear energy for peaceful purposes should proceed under conditions of strict observance of relevant safety standards and requirements concerning design, construction and operation of nuclear power plants. We stress IAEA's essential role in the joint efforts of the international community towards enhancing nuclear safety standards with a view to increasing public confidence in nuclear energy as a clean, affordable, safe and secure source of energy, vital to meeting global energy demands.

thank you Jacque Straap for taking the time to read the info at the link...I also saw those statements and there are many more statements of worthiness...clearly they are saying that they are dissatisfied with the position of this planet in these times and are seeking ways to improve....yes.   I didn't say that it was 'bad stuff"...I said...

If the BRICs do have a better plan than the existing one...then shouldn't our people in the USA start learning about it 

but my concern still remains do we want them to just purchase our assets infrastructure of natural gas/oil and minerals with rights to develop our lands with roads, platforms, storage facilites, etc. even maybe cracker plants....without understanding their plan? or recognizing if it is better or not?   sort of like Nancy Pelosi with her statement of 'let's just get the plan approved and then as we use it we can understand about it"...Huh?   the cart in front of the horse...only if the horse is pushing the cart out of the hole.

btw.. you are the only one that I have seen a post calling them "commie rat bast"?   I have not mentioned any about Communism and do not know if that is a religion or a way of life towards their dictator as I have not read much in that area...   I respect and hope that the Sinopec organization is a reputable organized company with good intentions....my question is should a non citizen and state owned foreign entity have the ownership of such a vaste resource of ours, the USA?  

I hope you understand that is why I am posting such.  there has been no negative name calling of their company here by me...just a concern over their quick growth and dominance in these markets...and some other companies that are also growing in dominance of these same infrastructures in this world, whether they have a better ideology or not...do we want these companies to have the rule over our natural resources?   and if so, then why bother to campaign about converting the USA to natural gas as a way to become energy dependent using our own resources and not dependent on OPEC...when clearly all we are really doing is transferring our USA shale and natural resources over to foreign countries to do the extractionfor them to sell to us.  

How is that solving the problem with another problem bigger than the reason to switch to our own  resources?

We were buying from Saudi...shipping to the USA...sure it will save on transport costs to do all the production here...but they could be doing that already..and have been able to...they have been exporting our oil overseas...we could be already be off dependence to OPEC...but our government wouldn't allow the oil companies to drill.   But our government is allowing those foreign countries to come over and buy up our oil and gas companies to extract NG and oil...HUH?

and the recent ok from the Obama administration for Gulf of Mexico offshore drilling for Petrabras and for Devon?   Did you know that Sinopec just bought up much of Devon...which means the obama admin ok'd the offshore drilling for China and Brazil but not for our US companies?   HUH?

http://en.mercopress.com/2012/01/04/china-s-sinopec-buys-stake-in-f...

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=8441 

yet it appears that there is a US company buying some of Devon's holdings in the Gulf so there is some USA there..

http://investor.apachecorp.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=458335

but you know it was BP with that spill...that is British Petroleum...not USA.   but maybe the Obama and former Bush organizations do not trust the USA drilling techniqes ...and have chosen Brazil and China to do the drilling in such waters (maybe because they financially are better off?  to pay for spills?)

However, I will post what I wrote yesterday on the other discussion called Sinopec (china) purchasing Chesapeake...  your question to me:

I ask you what it is you think China is going to do with natural gas produced in either PA or OH... other than sell it to the same people that CHK, Cabot, Chief, Range, Williams, Consol, etc sell it to. 

The Chinese are agressively looking to buy not only the products but the companies that extract them and the infrastructure and they already are... that is more than we as Americans should be trusting in with foreign ownership of our natural resources and fossil fuels.  I outline the reasons if you will read the text and the links info below as my answer to your question.

They want to export the Liquified  gas from Canada to China... and it is possible if they continue their growth they will also do the pipeline from Canada to Russia...and purchasing the infrastructure here in the USA they will just send up to Canada and over rather than shipping eventually.  the BRICs members are taking advantage of the times that the USA is under hardship financially...so much for remembering who taught them how to do such and is still teaching the ropes persay over in their countries..but the dollar they have is the dollar that is lacking over here....so they are capitalists also yet they are not just corporations...they are state government (governed) corporations.  Effectively we would be doing business with the governments of these countries and the revenues of profits will go straight into their government treasuries and not ours.  While we are trying not to go broke..they are building up their funds for military and for their own countries uses.

Remember all the talk about an oil line for transport from Canada to Texas?  look what Sinopec has bought...this is all part of their desire to go around the globe with ownership..  this is from a Pakistan article, pls read:

http://pakistantimes.net/pt/detail.php?newsId=25738

this folks is in todays news (in Pakistan)...now take a look at the big picture...they are a state run Chinese company and they are at the same time buying up Canada's  DayLight Energy Ltd. company of oil/gas also.   seems they already have bought in there some already... Does this mean they will do the pipeline route to Russia??  I think that answer could easily be  yes.

http://www.sinopecdaylight.com/

this is an Oct. 2011 link...i think the deal is already done..for the Canada company Daylight.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/ene..

and now Sinopec is negotiating with our US company Chesapeake....do you see it?  Does Chesapeake see it or just the dollars?   does our leadership in Washington see it or do they just want to concentrate on what is on their plate already? the board is now the world...not just the USA...and China wants to own it.   

look at this..what is BRICs   and where is the USA mentioned in that union? (April 2010 article)

http://neftegaz.ru/en/news/view/94319

and what you said about the American companies across the globe...that was at the beginning as it was America that introduced the automobile and the oil to run it.  I don't think the people in other nations actually care anymore that it was an American idea...as they are now off and running to get the next dollar also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRICS

how to get a world sayso?  

http://www.euronews.com/2009/06/16/bric-wants-more-influence/

Brazil, Russia, India and China  the so called BRICgroup   does anyone know of them?

Why is the USA not a member? are they planning to be or are they just going to sell their assets to that group or a member of that group also?  Like the article states...to have a say so..

Look at their Sanya Declaration to South Africa.

Notice it states in item one..'heads of state" maybe that is why the USA head of state isn't in the team ...our US companies do not have Obama at the helm.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-04/14/c_13829453.htm

You know the Obama administration forwarded over billions of dollars to Brazil Petrobras within the last few years....why give them money for exploration with tax payer dollars but not be part of the team? these links are from 2011.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120...

who recently bought part of Devon? Sinopec.. and Devon has permission by the Obama admin to do offshore drilling in the gulf of mexico....where is the US corporations in all of this?  who benefits from all of this, anyone know?

http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/03/26/brazilian-oil-giant-pet...

the board is now the world...not just the USA...and China wants to own it.   or should I say that BRICs wants to own it?   These are just a few of what is going on...do your own research and you will see the plan they are accomplishing already.

an exerpt from the Pakistanian Times...

Sinopec Group "will further expand its portfolio in Canada as it advances its international businesses," the company said in a statement on Monday. With Beijing's blessing, China's big state-owned firms have aggressively moved to buy overseas assets. State energy firms in particular have the responsibility to secure enough natural resources to satisfy growing demand in the world's biggest energy consumer.

read this..

http://www.russian-survey.com/especially-for-web/117-us-dollar-losi...

and of course we also need to understand that in the BRICs group is Saudi and Sinopec is already in close ties with ownership in that situation as well...refineries also.

http://www.saudiaramco.com/en/home/our-operations/projects/yasref.h...

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/the-brics-will-shape-a-new...

It appears that it is the BRICs intentions to convert the world to a new system of money exchange...not the US dollar..but a new system based on their currency..and now the door of opportunity to establish the banking system in the USA at the same time have new ownership of natural gas and oil establishments...   yes, they are here... but is this what the USA citizen wants?  that is what I am saying...is this what you want? cause it isn't our system anymore if we continue to let them buy it up.

and the Chinese government just bought their first bank institute in the USa...

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/the-brics-will-shape-a-new...

I feel like Paul Revere must have felt when he cried, 'the British are coming" but then the British didn't stay after that...  welcome the Constitution of the USA and the 'bill of rights' 

cause this certainly looks like a plan for a takeover if I ever saw one...

that's a good statement and question Matthew...we have centers to exchange currencies but typically there is a fee for such...and with online banking paying a service fee as well globally...which isnt that much for certain amounts...it is getting easier to convert to the dollar in America from monies from other countries.   

I think what you are mentioning is very worthy of research...as I did read that one of the main goals of BRICs is to put together a new currency system not based on the US dollar...this is most likely why they are wanting  to purchase 'city squares' (just read that on the other discussion) and purchasing banks in the USA ...to gain a stronghold and most likely will offer currency exchanges at low prices.  "the city squares may also be a place that they start installing banks ..."

http://www.infowars.com/china-wants-to-construct-a-50-square-mile-s...

Now I am not saying that the USA is better than China...I don't know, not sure I want to find out...from what I have heard about situations that still go on in China...but the USA needs their house cleaned also...     What I am saying is do you as American USA citizens want illegal immigrants and non USA citizens to rule over you?   cause that is the direction right now..   How is it they would rule?    Well the illegal immigrants are getting the same status as US citizens more and more at taxpayer costs...and the Chinese will own infrastructures of natural resources and be the corporations that we as Americans will purchase goods from right here in the USA without them being US citizens as we are.   In China they are not allowed to have dual citizenship....In America they don't even have to be citizens to own real property or businesses, and now even the natural resources of other people's lands.

DBD...

I understand your point of view of Chesapeake still holding the 'working interests' ...but this contemplative sale of Sinopec buying Chesapeake holdings would include most likely all working interests as well as the leases (which some here refer to as mortgages).   It isn't about just investing in the process, it is OWNING the entire process and infrastructure.   I mean if you sell an investment of let's say 20 shares of stock you still own the corporation but if you are selling your entire holdings then whoever buys it would own all the stock and the notes involved with subshare holders.

http://investments-and-acquisitions.com/chesapeake-may-soon-unload-...

and this transaction I think has already taken place...Global Infrastructure Partners 

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2012/06/08/chesapeake-to...

The member's concern about uranium if no knowledge about what the leases say...is a genuine concern.  If you read my post on the first page I think it is....I put a link about that and it all is involved in whether it is a hard mineral or just mineral (again not real defined on the leases) but involved in the conjunction of extracting gas/oil.   So there should be no concern if the lease is written where the Lessee cannot mine for that.   But how many landowners would know what is being mined?   and how many landowners today are starting to get wiser about all of this?

I don't think this is a dumb question of yours on the discussion post...maybe the lease doesn't state it ...but the question is would any oil company take advantage of being the working site driller (esp. if they are not US citizens) to explore more than gas/oil.   worth reading about the 'in-situ leaching or method at this link of a pdf.

again I state I do not know if uranium is considered a hard mineral or soft mineral ,...do you or anyone know?   On my contract hard mineral mining is excluded, but what about yours?

http://www.powertechexposed.com/An_Environmental_Critique_of_ISL.pdf

now Sinopec (china) has also involved their buying spree into Australia as well where the report from the above link is associated.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/12/11/sinopec-aplng-idUKL3E7NB0C...

http://www.investmentu.com/investment-research/chinese-oil-companie...

Drill Baby Drill,

Can you please note the references for all of your points?

Like the rest of the world, I do not know what China intends to do about anything.

To make any assumptions, one way or another, shows ignorance.

I do know that China is sending a considerable amount of money to Pakistan, the nation which supports several anti-American terrorist organizations.

I know that insurgents supported by Pakistan are killing Americans (and other NATO members) almost daily.

I know that Afghanistan is packed full of valuable minerals desired by America, China, and others.

(Scientific American, Oct. 2011; Afghanistan's Buried Riches)

I know that China actively supports Pakistan's military and considers them 'friends'.

I know that a dominant organization inside Pakistan was protecting and harboring Osama bin Laden for many years during which many American lives were lost in the NATO effort to find him and bring him to justice for killing Americans on 11Sept

I know the Pakistani military funded by China proudly claims they shot down the helicopter carrying the American service members who captured OBL, killing them and the pilots.

I know businessmen who have visited Pakistan and China say it is filthy and corrupt and very dangerous.

I know that the people returning from Afghanistan say that Pakistan is a bigger threat to America than Iran.

I know that many people of Afghanistan do not like the Taliban and many are very grateful that America has helped drive the insurgents out of their country.

The Taliban finds safe refuge in Pakistan.

China continues to pump money into Pakistan.

Does anyone detect a conflict of interest?

Do I really feel comfortable with the fact that China is actively supporting the Pakistani military while American service members are currently deployed to Afghanistan? 

NO!!

I don't believe our government is necessarily willing or able to protect

the American people..

I don't know the extent of regulatory agency involvement in the transaction between China and Chesapeake.

But, I sure would like to know if anyone at Chesapeake is aware of China's ongoing support of Pakistan, and I sure hope someone in Chesapeake is considering the safety and value of the American service members who are still in Afghanistan, understanding the service members do not have the ability to jump on the next flight home.

I'd like to know what, if any regulations exist which will make sure the revenue from American oil and gas isn't used directly or indirectly to fund any organization or individual who will ultimately use it to buy weapons to kill Americans.

I think that many of our US taxpayer dollar goes over seas in the guise of charity..but is to pay to keep our military bases ok where they are...to pay for consent to not use weapons agains the US presense there.....but clearly Pakistan didn't like the discovery of learning that US marines took out Osama without them knowing as some most likely knew he was there.

of course the funds to Egypts Mubarek for many years to help the people should be under scrutiny as Muburak had millions if not billions of dollars in banks>>>why didn't he give them some money?   guess some of us know cause there are some in our own country that dont give when they have the money to help.   Yet there is a call by Clinton to even give Egypt now some money (over 1 billion of tax payer dollars)...and she wants to.

now,...what does this have to do with this discussion....clearly plenty.   For these countries that we send what is called 'charitable donations' to are the same heads of state that are involved in the countries of BRICs...and they own state run oil/gas companies...and they want to own ours in the USA thereby having control of our natural resources without getting them by any hostile takeover..but by legally purchasing them from companies like Chesapeake and Devon, etc.   this is why it is important...today's friends, tomorrow with their new assets of our energy resources will they still be our friends or just those we buy our needful supplies from?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service