Does anyone know if these gas companies and subcontractors use any compressed natural gas vehicles or do they just fill up with foreign diesel fuel?  US has Boon Pickens and corporations asking for governmental support and funding for CNG, one has to ask where the leadership is on this topic.

Views: 13070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim , you are really going to get him mad now with  All of those darn facts .

I'll bet he is shaking his fist NOW .

I spend more time on Nat gas info then you work in a week .That's if you work ....see there are two sides to this issue yours and mine ...you have lots of support here so that makes you feel like a big man .So big man have it your way .

LLWW , we hide behind the facts were you run from them , like a child .

You just keep crying and insulting everyone here and maybe maybe you will find a 

friend .

WAAA WAAA

Ok Jim they use less toxic frac fluid "wrong" still using HCL,Ethylene Glycol,Petrolleum Distillate ,and lots of other poisonous chemicals .Yes some companies now reuse the flow back from job to job >this is good !They do not use pipelines everywhere ,I have seen some but still using trucks here too.Seems some compressors are running on Nat gas but emissions (VOC,NOX,etc) produce ozone and can affect areas up to 200 miles . Low level Ozone depletes oxygen .There are many things that can be done like you mentioned the hours ,but this will never happen.Containing silica sand dust which can spread for more then a mile is another.I could probably list many more ,but won't take the time here to do this!Look if you see nothing wrong with this process ,fine with me .I just try to tell people it's just not all rosey .The money that has come to the area is a good thing but you know how I feel about the process it self . Another point I don't care about the drilling co's and there problems .As far as I'm concerned they are the problem !

The hydrochloric acid(HCL) used in fracking is less than one tenth of one percent.....a lot lower than that used in your swimming pool that you let your kids swim in and ingest.

Ethylene glycol is anti freeze, the same as used in every car and truck on the road. In fracking the concentration is less than two tenths of a percent but in cars and trucks it is 50%  which is 25 times more concentrated.  I can say with certainty that way more ethylene glycol enters the environment by auto accidents, overheating of vehicles, and people flushing out their radiators on their driveways.

Petroleum distillates???  You kidding me??? How much is spilled by industrial, agricultural, and domestic users?

I asked for specifics...you gave me none.  What are the sources of silica dust? At what stage of the process does it escape? What recommendations do you have to minimize it?

I see a lot wrong with the process.  But I see it getting better every year.  I see companies researching new techniques to improve it and minimize environmental impacts.

I also see a man whose lack of intellect forces him to resort with personal attacks and vulgarities. You can delete those comments as a sign of respect for this blog by clicking on the little "x" in the upper right hand corner of each of your posts.  If you care to have me respond to you ever again then you need to delete these.

PS  See how I used paragraphs and how much easier it is to read posts using them.  If you don't know how to do that, ask a ten year old to show you.

I have a friend that has 2 vehicles that he converted to NCG and loves it .

He tells me that 1 mcf is equivalent 6 gallons of gas .His car and truck run the same on either gasoline or compressed gas .

The oil changes are recommended at 8 to 9 thousand miles rather than every 3k .

That sounds to me like quite a savings and more friendly to the environment .

My friend is lucky because he owns a gas well that supplies his fueling .

If you heat with NG now this will be very convenient because you will be able to fuel up in your garage with a small compression unit that can be installed in your garage .

Very cool .

Ridgeman, way to go!!! Actually 1000 cu ft equate to 8GGE but i dont want to split hairs. We instal only EPA systems and CARB systems, the only ones that are legal, and the emissions reductions are so low it is amazing. We also have a Honda Civic, natural gas vehicle, and the motor oil is still bright yellow at 10,000 miles, and the car has 33,000 miles and the exhaust is still soot free.

Natural gas may not be perfect, but it is superior to everything on the market at this time.

As a side note, we sell natural gas stations, fleet size too, and it is essential that people have a gas analysis performed in advance of purchasing a system because the byproducts of natural gas wells vary so much, and can damage the compressors. In fact, some manufacturers automatically void the warranty by using well gas. One solution to this problem is that we require a gas analysis and then can run the information through a software program made available to us by one of the large compressor manufacturers.

That's really cool family man. I have to run now but we will pick up on this later .

That's what this post is about !!! Cleaner fuels , less dependence !

Amounts and concentrations are more then you claim .Much more .Ethylene Gycol is poison and ther are many more chemicals that are harmful.don't try to tell me this stuff is just ,OK ! I have little time for posting don't have time to compose ! Here 's a link on Silica sand dust .I'm sure you'll say this is ok too.This is fine let them do it near you !      http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fswitchboard.nrdc.org%2... 

"don't have time to compose"...lolol.....sure takes a lot of time to hit the enter button a couple of times during a long rant.....lolol

YEP.....busy keeping the drillers in line...more important then talking to people that know everything there is to know about Nat gas drilling .SEE ...!!!Did you check the links I posted here .I'm sure you know more then this ,right !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service