Does anyone know if these gas companies and subcontractors use any compressed natural gas vehicles or do they just fill up with foreign diesel fuel?  US has Boon Pickens and corporations asking for governmental support and funding for CNG, one has to ask where the leadership is on this topic.

Views: 13068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yay, we agree. You spell badly,, you try to suggest drugs, without a MD degree, i presume, your second professional degree, NOT. But, i want all the persons to see that you agree, you just said that Nat Gas stuff is good, and that you are only trying to inform us of that. YAY, we all agree that nat gas is good. Now that we agree on that, i would like to hear of any examples that any member of this site hears of that is harming our health or our environment, and we should all be involved and learn if there is a relationship or not. I want a healthy environment too. William, please remember my science lesson about the bass in the Potomac river and the effects of Prozav and drugs like that before you suggest people start taking drugs at your suggestion. First, that kind of makes you an illegal doctor, or a drug dealer or an environmental enemy because it all goes through the sewage plant.

You better take two....think you really need them...!

For the past few days I have been following this post and I must say .....really guys you sound like children.
My understanding of this site is to gain information about CNG .the truth is we need energy. I wanted to know more about CNG vehicles not who's who or who has a potty mouth . We need to be on top of the o/g companies ,but they are not tthe bad guys. Also we need to get real about our energy needs. Instead of jumping on each other, how about some ideas on making what we have work better. Getting off oil from over seas to natural gas from here is a good idea!!

AMEN!!!

Deci if you haven't noticed a lot of issues are being brought out by people that have been involved in the oil and gas industry  are debunking the anti drilling movement .They try to disrupt most post , this one is no different . I don't think that's all bad considering the problems the anti folk are creating .

It's a dirty job but us guy's in the business and  are not going to let the lie's creep in and damage our leasing process .

You can ask anything you want on the CNG post . 

Step up and do it .

I wont comment on the children comment .

Ok here is a question. I would like to buy a car that runs on CNG how soon will CNG stations be on major highways? 5 ten 10 years? Thanks

Deci; The CEO of Clean Energy has stated that by the end of this year you will be able to drive I 80, I 70, I 40 and I 95 the entire distance on CNG. It is coming rapidly and in five years you will have a substantial network of CNG stations.  I don't know if one will be near you or not as rural areas will be the last to convert. But the interstate system will have a significant amount in five years, IMO

Deci,
I believe in 5 years you will be able to buy a CNG ready vehicle right off the showroom floor from the major automakers. There are many new CNG fueling stations in the works all over the country right now.

Don't forget to tell her about installing her own pump.

Now, they say the pumps are around $2000 and, the pay back time takes awhile, also it takes 8 hours to fill your cars tank. Well let me ask this question I and others find it convenient and cheaper to fill our smaller oxygen, argon, and others with a transfer hose from a bigger full tank/bottle. No, I know it doesn't completely fill the smaller bottle. To make a simple example take a 60 cubic ft bottle full at say 2000 lbs and a 60 cubic ft bottle empty hook up your hose and let them balance out  you'll have 1000 lbs or a half a tank in 3 minutes. Do you get the idea yet. You can buy bottles/tanks for storage/off road cheaper than the one in your car and let your home pump pump away 24/7 if needed to fill the storage tanks which are perfectly safe by the way. When you get home hook up your transfer hose and in minutes you've filled what would have taken hours. How much it fills depends on how much storage you invest in. Get the idea yet? Oxygen, and argon tanks are designed to hold between 2000 and 2400 lbs and can be converted back and forth by changing the valves and purging the tank. I don't know what the design pressure is for CNG. 

Hello Nut,

Most cng tanks are 3600 psi some of the older ones where 3000#.  Home compresors start at over $6000 and mine was over $10,000 but like with most things you get what you pay for.  Installed my compressor in Jan. of 2011 and have pumped just shy of $8000 worth of NG into our cars and trucks to date.  Much better ROI than I was getting from the bank.  As for the storage tanks 90%+ of the people would not be able to do this because of Gov. regulations.  Great to see this subject back on track.

Say more Sam Moore.

Is the value of NG stated what it actually cost you?

How would that compare to the value of gasoline that would have been used?

Are you obtaining the NG from your house line on a local system?

How were your cars and trucks modified?

I might be interested in a home fueling station in the future. I am in the process of buying the well that heats my house. No longer commercially viable due to excessive pressure in the pipeline but still has plenty of gas for heating (& maybe driving?).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service