Why are we fighting the wrong battle? Instead of Fighting to Allow Hydrofracing using WATER, we could be pooling our resources to REQUIRE Hydrofracing to USE "Liquified Petroleum" ..

http://ww.gasfrac.com, a Toronto based firm, developed a technology 4 years ago to use essentially "Propane"  as the FRACING fluid..

1. NO Water exposure

2. NO Pollution

3. doubles production on all wells

4. NO cleanup after

5. Half the ware and tear on the roads

6. over 300 Wells currently in production out in the midwest

7. you undercut any arguement from environmental groups

Sadly, almost no one is talking about this

JM

Views: 3955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as I mentioned several times, there have been many efforts to use propane among other types of fluids over the last decades, based on my research. Most of these efforts have either failed completely or have not lived up to the hype...

Which brings us to http://www.gasfrac.com  who both claim and apparently have succeeded in using a modifed version of Propane for Fraking instead of Water. (which scares the hell out of most people, no matter what is said)

I contacted  them directly, and they put me in contact with a few clients, the clients in turn supported their claims, but I am not a driller/Fraker, and most likely did not ask all the correct questions..

So I simply suggest that people who know more than me  review what I discovered and apparently what the owners of 300+ new well discovered in the  last 2 years?

maybe, there is something to it, that can benefit everyone

Hello Mr. Jean , i read all the posts here regarding the idea of gasfrac   or using gas to get gas , the audience seems interested  but way way behind you .  I  for one will read more about it , but dont you think the  NEW YORK  DEC SHOULD BE ADRESSED WITH THIS OPTION , NOW IS BETTER THAN ADRESSING IT A YEAR LATER IN A NONSTOP ROLLING MORATORIUMS , AND YES THEY HAVE THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY TO EVALUATE , AGAIN MY DEEP RESPECT FOR YOUR WORK , AND AS ' VG' PUTS IT YOU HAVE A BURDEN FROM ABOVE ON YOUR SHOULDER, MANY TIMES IN MY LIFE  I EXPERIENCED THIS , NOT BY CHOICE  AS MUCH AS THE COMPELLING SENSE OF A MISSION, WHILE OTHERS ARE NOT PUTTING AS MUCH EFFORTS OR THE DESERVED RESPECT TO SOME ONES EFFORTS, JUST GO STRAIGHT FORWARD , EVERY CARAVAN IS FOLLOWED BY ...BARKING ... WELL GOOD LUCK

we have as a coalition, just mailed out 600 plus letters explaining this option to every state official of consequence. I am doing an email campaign next week to several enviromental groups and writers..

We need some support from NYC, no matter what anyone says.. but without some sort of alternative solutions to Water, it will be an uphill fight..

maybe this is it, maybe not, but it's at least worth investigating

if that works great!!, I am just attempting to resolve a problem that can beneficial to everyone. It shold be a WIN/WIN/WIN for landowners and O&G an the State.. And as we can see, the Water approach in NYS is causing al sorts of resistance..
Kallisto Energy Corp. (TSX Venture: KEC) ("Kallisto" or the "Company") announces that it spudded its third Crossfield, Alberta Viking horizontal oil well on January 7, 2011. The well, located at 15-07-028-01 W5, is operated by Kallisto and is expected to be completed with up to 15 multi-stage fracture stimulations utilizing GASFRAC Energy Services Inc's. proprietary Liquefied Petroleum Gas Fracturing Process. This is the same completion process that has been successfully used in other Viking horizontal oil wells in the Crossfield area. Kallisto has a 65% working interest in the 15-7 well.
The second well drilled at Crossfield, 08-20-028-01 W5, has been drilled and is awaiting completion. Discussions are ongoing with the operator to finalize a completion program. Management believes that the fracture stimulation on its first well, 01-29-028-01 W5, was ineffective, possibly due to low fracture conductivity and induced formation damage. Kallisto has a 50% working interest in both the 1-29 and 8-20 wells.
these are oil wells , yes?
and if I am not mistaken, 2 of 3 Oil new wells are less than productive.. just parroting EXXON ;-) 

I've added everything I can add to this discussion. 

Best wishes, Jean. 

Mr. LeTennier,

NOW I see WHERE you are coming from - in more ways than one.  Overcoming the extremists in New York to accept ANYTHING that has to do with fracing and getting an equal footing with the government officials there is going to be tough.  My prayers are with you as you wage this battle ahead of you.  Again, I'm glad to see someone taking initiative towards a solution there.  May the politicians listen to reason!!!

thank you ;-)

If anyone is interested here is a video on gasfrac. It is a total sales job so watch it with a grain of salt.          http://www.angelnexus.com/o/web/24404

I think its value is in demonstrating some of the headwinds facing shale gas right now. A lot of money is moving to the shale oil  now and gas frac seems to be more focused on that. I don't think this technology will help much with the anti-drillers, like Mike said if you have a bad casing job and you blow a bunch of propane into the water table thats not good either. This is and always has been about good construction practices in the well bore whether it is the gulf or the Marcellus. That being said I may buy some of their stock, if I lose money than it is Jean's fault....    

I spoke with 2 of these companies in this program, and as I said "they confirmed using the technology" and planned on expanding their use even more this year

so, there it is, but in order to protect yourself ;-) fom my stock pick... I suggest you give a few a call and see what they tell you directly...

don't want to be on your bad side ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service