EID-O's Shawn discusses the group "Earth First"'s venture into Ohio and some of their past "activities":

"As shale development continues to provide great opportunities for Ohioans, it is also gaining popularity with self-described radical environmental organizations.  This can be noticed it what seems to be a benign tree-climbing-activist camp outside of Athens hosted by the group Earth First! However, if one digs a bit deeper they can find the Earth First! Climber’s Guild has ties to a deeper, less-than-noble agenda.

The climbing camp – to be held from September 22nd-28th - will help provide activists with the climbing skills needed to temporarily disrupt shale development by, you guessed it – climbing trees.  At this camp, activists will train to rope off roadways to not allow trucks to pass, display banners, live in these trees if needed, and perhaps do all of this without falling and hurting themselves.

While some think they may just be climbing trees for a week (and let’s face it that sounds pretty fun), this is not a wholesome, run of the mill organization. Earth First! has been around for over 30 years, with a mission statement of No Compromise in the Defense of Mother Earth! and employs tactics that encourage destruction and put people’s lives in danger.

They describe themselves on their website as such:

Earth First! takes a decidedly different tack towards environmental issues. We believe in using all the tools in the tool box, ranging from grassroots organizing and involvement in the legal process to civil disobedience and monkeywrenching.

According to their website, monkeywrenching is defined as follows:

Monkeywrenching: Ecotage, ecodefense, billboard bandits, desurveying, road reclamation, tree spiking, even fire. All of these terms describe the unlawful sabotage of industrial extraction and development equipment, as a means of striking at the Earth’s destroyers where they commit their crimes and hitting them where they feel it most—in their profit margins. (emphasis added)

At a glance, one may think this group must have had their website hacked and has just been too busy to fix such outrageous claims.  But with a quick internet search I found a couple more quotes from their founders that support the illegal activity."

READ THE REST: http://www.eidohio.org/earth-first-climbing-into-ohios-forests/

Views: 2002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't worry about it-as JR Ewing shows- as long as the first and last letter of a word stays the same the mind is able to understand it.  We do appreciate the effort though!!

I probably shouldn't post this here but it fits with this subject. I have some friends in law enforcement and I an a CCW permit holder because of their urging me to be. They tell me that law enforcement as it is structured today does not exist to protect the general public or their interests. They tell me law enforcement can do temporary protection for individuals or entities when there is an imminent defined threat to life or property and the legal system orders it. The rest of the time you are on your own and when something bad happens, law enforcement will be there to step in to help clean up the aftermath and then work through the process to apprehend the perpetrators and bring them to justice. I found that to be more than a little bit more than uncomfortable and changed a lot about how I go through my daily business and life in general. I am now much more aware of what goes on around me and who is around me wherever I go. We need to apply this same mindset to the situation at hand. If this group is "training" here, we need to pay very close attention to who they are training and what they are training for. They mean harm to the producers (oil and gas companies, timber cutters) but ultimately they will have the largest impact on us, the landowners.

From the poster it looks like the "Hulk" is in on their plan.  The leaders will be easy to identify.  They are usualy children of the 1% ers driving Volvo wagons with a 100 or more stickers across the back of the car (Imagine if "Chipster" has kids).  Colordo and New York plates are a dead givaway.  Mid level organizers may have California or Vermont plates............look for the stickers.  To recruit their minions, they will be at the colleges, coffee houses, health food stores and vegetarian restaurants looking for kids that aren't burdened with things like a job or studying . 

The lack of rain has the woods the thinest they have been in years and the deer have cleared most of the under growth, so they will be easy to spot in the trees.  If you can't see them you can still track them by their garlic and ginger smell and granola bar wrapers.

Finnbear: I have a CCW permit, at least until Barack Obama is re-elected. I don't know how anyone who owns a handgun or a long gun can vote for Barack Obama. Or anyone who really wants to a  see boom in natural gas. Or anyone who believes in the second amendment. Or anyone who realizes that one more liberal justice on the Supreme Court means less freedom. Or anyone who opposes ILLEGAL immigration. Or anyone who believes in ballot security, and reasonable voter identification laws. Or anyone who resents being labeled racist because he only wants properly eligible voters to vote; not felons, illegals, and dead people. Or anyone who opposes "Earth First" or "Occupy Wall Street".  Or anyone with an IQ of over 25 who knows that it is not "All Bush's fault". Or anyone who sees that  entitlements at present levels are not sustainable. Or anyone who believes in fiscal sanity. Or anyone who knows we cannot ask for benefits from government that we are not willing to pay for with tax dollars. Or anyone who realizes what the word "marriage" means and has meant for more than 2000 years, and does not want Barack Obama, the Democratic Party, or activist judges to redefine the term. Or anyone who believes in equal treatment for all races but not in racial preferences for admission to college or for getting a job. Or anyone who believes that affirmative action is nothing but governmental discrimination against white people .(Four supreme Court justices agree with me, but the media would have you believe that it is some kind of rightwing racist view.)

Dittoes

To my knowledge there is no law that tells a landowner that he can't cut firewood. I would believe the warning TIMBER would be a a fair warning.  Might add my Stihl 36 Pro is like a beaver on steroids. 

Anyone have a few trained pet beavers looking for all you can eat? 

Hi,

Out of state so probably this is a naive question. If this is a "training" session on other's property does it require a permission and permit with time, date etc. I've experienced this first hand and they go much longer than planned and get much more disruptive and dangerous. Be prepared. Lyn.

At this point we do not know whose property this "training" camp will be on. Hopefully someone here will RSVP to get that info so these people can be watched.

Michael,
Don't let these Eco-terrorists win by intimidating you. We must stand together and get these law breakers thrown in prison! These jokers must lose.
Dave

incognito? does that come in a .45?

these nitwits should go read jack straws latest post on the 'green thing'.  if any of them have a brain they will feel pretty foolish.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service