Views: 2444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take it the 'edge' of the Utica they're talking about is the western edge.

Anyone care to confirm / clarify what 'edge' of the Utica they speak of ?

I guess this rains on utica shale's parade of everything good in the south.

The core area is in the south, but that doesn't mean everything in the south is in the core area.  Going just a few miles too far to the west is basically a death sentence for one of these wells, as we're learning.  Going too far north is pretty much the same.  This is evolving in exactly the same way as every shale play before it (and after it, I suspect) has done.  Does technology change recoverability over the years?  Sure.  But for now, for what exists today, the core area has been pretty well established and any argument otherwise is going to be based entirely on emotions and hopes rather than science.

I have no significant holdings in trumbull. So no emotions there. But someone answer this question, is bp and halcon so inept in their business that they would blow hundreds of millions in trumbull?
As I've understood the mapping the Utica PP formation arcs northeastward.
I think it a careless generalization / exaggeration when you write about 'death sentences' for wells too far to the north.
Don't think we should ignore the science that disagrees with your criticism.
Not a geologist just a very interested landowner in the so-called Utica PP fairway.

The EQT wells were in Western Guernsey County.....West of I-77.......they produced close to 200 BOD

So they might end up even after full cycle accounting.  Not exactly the sort of place you want to deploy your capital.  If someone could buy out EQT's western-most position for peanuts, get some really nice forward hedges ($110/bbl or more) they might be able to make a run of it that far west, assuming they don't have a 20% NRI burden that they have to carry.  A smaller operator might be able to make it work in very specific spots.

....and better technology/fracing methods would boost the ROI .....it will just take some time.

In the mean time...spend where you get biggest returns....you are correct.....we all do the same.

The part that concerns me is there will be NOBODY drilling the Oil Window now. Hard to figure it out without a bit in the ground.
My theory is that they have it all figured out already and don't want to develop it just yet using the time to beat down the landowners.
These boys are rolling in the dough as it is.
They don't appear to be in any rush to me.
Blame it on no infrastructure etc.
Maybe they're thinking the longer it stays in the ground the more money they'll make later and did I mention - they're already rolling in dough the way it is !

I agree, and hope so.

Got it figured out, but need pipelins/processing....so patience is the name of the game.

In the meantime beat up the landowners and buy legislation.

Good luck to all landowners - looks to me like a rigged game.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service