Farm acreage leased with Antero: 3 years later we learn we have 3 more acres

We signed a lease with Antero 3 years ago for our 101 acre farm.  They paid us.  No problems there.

However, we just surveyed our farm so it could be sold and were told yesterday from the surveyer that we have 104 acres.  Do we need to let Antero know?  Would they have to pay on the additional 3 acres?

Views: 3981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi. Thank you. Mr Hiker. Nice to hear good stuff. Could you email me so I can ask you a few more questions? Thanks so much.

Glad to help.  Accept my friend request and we can talk a bit.   Hiker.

Opps. Forgot.
suzy@suzybuck.com
Hi. I accepted it. I wanted to ask about how royalties work in reality. Thx.

Suzy of Arizona,

You're in excellent hands with Antero.  They are one of the most community-minded and generous companies operating in Ohio.  Even though they're based in Denver, most of their drilling activities are concentrated in southeast Ohio.   A couple of weeks ago, the company donated $5,000.00 to the Barnesville hospital emergency treatment unit.  And last year a company officer and his wife set up a million-dollar endowment at the University of West Virginia for an oil and gas law program.  It's a really very fine company.

Thanks Thomas. Thank you for your thoughts. Antero seems very positive. Good to hear.

Just to add a little side note to the discussion, the surveys in West Virginia are notoriously bad.  Six different surveyors could get you six different results.  One thing that we found when diagramming the metes and bounds descriptions from old deeds was that a lot of them wouldn't close (make a shape where the start point and the end point touched).  Some were so bad that they would make a letter C, others would curl back around on themselves.   It's no surprise to me that your tract came up different from the original 101.15 acres.  It's nice that it came up bigger.  Let us know what Antero does, if you will?

I have seen the same. I always thought that a surveyor had to check their descriptions using a bit of geometry to make sure the sides actually meet but that seems to not be so. Nowadays, with a decent CAD system, this should be fairly simple.

They must have done something out there....they worked on it for 4 weeks.

Hi Kyle. My question is not acreage amounts but a whole different Parcel number. The two parcels in question are side by side. Parcel 10 and Parcel 11 and both 25 acres. Triad wants me to sign the change of parcel numbers from one to the other. They sent me the chain of title on the new parcel 11.

They never mentioned a 'typo' from 11 to 10 from 3.5 yrs ago. They just said it is wrong. Is it too much, out of line, to also ask for a chain of title from the 'wrong' parcel number that they had us sign 3.5 yes ago? Antero takes over in 2 weeks. Should I wait to sign the change?
I would like to see that I am Not on that parcel.
Thanks. Nancy gave me directions on how to look up deeds in Tyler County online. Will try to figure that out. From the Forum discussions it seems Antero will clean up any errors still hanging. Triad guy Duke sent me title names on the new parcel and I recognize names. It's so amazing... Us three, sister and cousin, had no clue we were on those parcels. It doesn't seem to be the large Homestead Farm nor the Stocking Farm that we knew about with our 2 fathers who were brothers. Thank goodness for the Landmen who find heirs. And God works his plan. How is your day going Kyle? What do you do? Thanks again.

I'm a lawyer, and my day is going a little long.  Thanks for asking!

Duke.  Duke Armentrout?  I've negotiated with him before on some leases.  

It really is pretty amazing what those landmen find out.  It takes a while, but it's worth it to the company in the long run.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service