It started tonight at approximately 9 pm.  According to neighbors in the area it has been put out, but was really lighting up the sky for about 20 minutes.  Get your temporary living bags packed and ready if you live in the vicinity of a pipeline, pad, compressor or treatment plant...it could happen to you.  Scary stuff.

Views: 1766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The State Fire Marshal's office said they have assigned an investigator to look into the fire.  Will there be a press release from Antero?  Pushed under the rug?

Safety should be job #1 and well pad fires are a serious breach.  Cause? Fix? Implementation plan for all pad sites if systemic?

Unfortunately, these things do happen. If what the neighbors are saying is true, congratulations to the individuals on the ground that put this fire out in just 20 minutes. House fires burn much longer than that. We need to make sure that we are looking at both ends of the safety spectrum. I have not heard yet about the fire, but I am sure what you are saying is true. Fires are a large safety hazard. Whatever happened to start the fire needs to be thoroughly investigated so that it never happens again. However, a well fire being put out in 20 minutes is a good sign.

I'm no expert, but the fire appears to have originated at one of the Gas Production Units; one is pretty scorched and the two neighboring units are in rough shape.   Maybe it was as easy as turning off the right valve somewhere upstream as soon as someone made it to the pad.  20 minute drive from home ?  We'll know more as soon as the state fire marshal issues the report.

If it only lasted for 20 mins it was probably an intentional flare not an accident or something more akin to an uncontrolled well.  Those typically take longer than 20 mins to extinguish.  I could be wrong but I wouldn't run out in the street with my hair on fire just yet........

You are correct sir.  I stand corrected.

Props to the first responders for handling the situation in very prompt fashion.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service