On my way home from work yesterday I passed six giant white trucks that had Geokinetics on the doors. There also are cables running from Sandy Lake to I-79 that connect to boxes. I found out that Geokinetics is a geophysical service company that services the petroleum and mining industries! I guess somebody is spending a lot of money to find out what is under Mercer County! I hope they find a lot of what they are looking for! Mercer County has both Marcellus and Utica. 

Views: 2965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IF your in PA it's mostly Marcellus, I don't really know to answer your ?

I'd say a lot of leases won't be drilled.

thanks for everything - so last questions - will those leases that are not hbp be renewed?  and is nw butler county poor, good, excellent?  I saw some maps showing the utica thick in this area - is that true?   thanks again for all of your help. 

Hard to say if they will ever be drilled. I can't answer about the

area you are asking about.

I am from the South, have family in PA.  My wife's family is from PA.  I am up here now, was staying at the hotel the Geokinetics guys are staying aat.

I have worked on ranches in Texas, and if all the Mexicans working for Geo, Omni, and the tree service are leagal, I'll eat my hat. 

They speak spanish, don't understand english, and, even before that, there are things that tell one who has exposure to illegals, that many of them are illegals.  Kastle and Enervest are employing them right now, looking for a supposed salt dome in the area, and mapping limestone faults. 

I read you saying Marcellus was in the area - you are correct, but Marcellus is not viable in the area - want to know why I say that?  Every Medina well in the area drilled through the marcellus - they know what is there and it is not viable for profitable drilling - too shallow, too narrow.  Same reason drilling stays in the southern portion of McKean, Warren, and others as you come across the state.

The whole of the area is not the same - the shale may be present, but that does not make it good.  The Utica gets better in Ohio - there is a reason Chk has 1.5 million acres leased for Utica over there and is not heavy in PA - studies from years ago show that the best of the Utica is present in OH, but not found in Erie County PA.  Go figure, the shale is present, but not viable.  Norse drilled a deep well in Canada, just north of Buffalo and stated they will not complete the Utica - it is not viable, cost more to drill than it will produce.

So, if it is the same everywhere in your thinking, then it could be said it is no good anywhere from that report.  We all know that is not the case, so don't make the mistake of thinking that just because it is present, it makes life all good.

So if it is no good why are they testing? If there is emperical data (wells) that conclude that the marcellas is no good why are they wasting millions to do siemic testing? I was approached about this ten years ago and saw a seismic map of my area in Mercer County showing a dome under it! The rep from Vista resources talked about drilling 2 miles down. Nothing has been done and Vista was bought out by Rexx recently. I have hope for the future. 

how can others look at these seismic maps you are talking about?

Unless the Operator releases them you can't That and knowing what you are looking at/
I believe that the information is proprietary to those that contracted for the services. Just as the fracking fluids are also protected for the most part.
Seismic is but frac fluid components are filed with DEP.

I think they are here for the Utica.

where is here?
Mercer county

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service