Halcon pays record price of $6,100 per acre for 27,000 acres in Trumbull and 4000 acres in Mahoning Co.

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wanted to bring this our into the open as it was rather hidden in the County area of interest let the thread  be there or here but the implications could have impact on the entire region. 

Hers a comment I made at the county site

Here is VERY INTERESTING WEB SITE http://www.milliondollarwayblog.com/p/faq.html it deals with the Baken Shale  but if we are anyway close it will be VERY VERY INTERESTING. I causally looked over it and production is WOW but then again some data is missing to draw a good idea of what is going on. For example not mentioned is the length of a lateral of the well which of course could mean a big change.

My belief is the lease amounts will be exceptionally higher for hold outs if the forced pooling  remains in effect. Think of it this way if two or three neighbors can hold 11% of a 640 acre area it puts forced pooling out of the picture( if Ohio keeps my understanding of it a company must have 90%)  so it looks as if a parcel of or combination 11%o = 70.4 acres could prevent forced pooling . Even at 1280 acres a group of landowners in a hit and miss acreage if banded together for 11% is only 140.8 acres.

WOW ! With that idea a company could easily go about trying to set up such a lucrative acquisition using strategic planning to cash in on this. It would also allow individual landowners to do the same. A multi acreage family farm spread out in different plots would be a dream come true. Supply and demand pricing!

I 1st to only 5 forced pooling allowed each year per co. and the need to sure up units clearly some landowners will win the hold out game. It all depends on where the wells will be placed. I'm not sure I would turn down 5-6 thousand an acre bonus hoping they really needed me in 5-10 years and upped that bonus to 10-15 thousand. If I was very financially secure and had a couple parcels maybe I would lean this way with them.

In Muskingum County you can view the lease information IN MAP PARCEL FORM in the County Engineers Office at the Court House I'll bet this is already taking place by those in the system. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service