Has anyone received a royalty (NOT bonus) payment from Antero?

Hello, all! I'm in an Antero unit that went to sales on July 21. According to my contract, I'm supposed to begin getting royalties six months from the first day of the month after that, which would be February 1, 2015. I have heard that they are consistently late in paying royalties, and that they're behind on issuing division orders. Has anyone out there received a royalty (NOT signing bonus) payment from Antero? Anyone received a Division Order yet? Just curious if this is a good company to be dealing with. They seem to be a great producer. Thanks for anything anyone is willing to share. By the way, I'm in the Vorhies unit. The initial production numbers are up on their company presentation and they look pretty good!

Views: 9756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

VERY familiar with that, Arnold : - ) Retired three months ago!

It's weird no one is responding. If everyone was happy you probably would hear about it. Come on gms.

I would also post this on monroe....they have a pretty stronice presence there
Or there so happy they don't care

What is the difference between a "Division Order" and a "Declaration of Unitization"?  My parcels are covered by three Antero units:

Unit A started producing in Q2 of this year, but I have heard nothing from Antero.

Unit B is listed as "drilling" but I did get a "Declaration of Unitization" for my records from Antero.

Unit C is permitted only so far.  Nothing from Antero yet.

A co owner and myself have each called Antero asking for a "Declaration of Unitization" for Unit A and both times they promised to send one to us but so far nothing....

Start working your way up the food chain with those requests.   Put a pebble in someone's shoe, like the VP in charge of production Kevin Kilstrom 303 357 7345.  His office will not be happy fielding tiresome requests that someone else in the organization is getting paid to handle, but isn't.   Administrative assistant Errin Savat will answer the phone.  Ask to speak with Kevin.   Be a pebble.

I'm not sure about the difference between the DO and Dec of U, but I believe they are similar documents;  I think the DO is a legal document, but the other is just informative....stating your acreage (as well as all others) in the unit, but I'm sure someone else on GMS can answer this question exactly.

The Division Order is definitely a legal document, Carl. As I understand it, it's the final description and confirmation of the acreage that is in a given frack plot, with all titles, royalty rates, etc. once again checked and signed off on by the attorneys, and all "decimals" allocated for the final time. I'm told they are long documents (hundreds of pages) and that they must be signed and returned to Antero BEFORE any royalties are paid, and that royalty payments typically follow submission of the DO by about two months. I just wish someone would reply who has actually received a DO, signed and returned it, and gotten royalties. Amazingly, judging by this discussion, no one seems to have gotten this far in Noble County!

Just learned something today that folks may want to keep handy. Speaking with someone who attended a discussion session put on by the WV Royalty Owner association and it is specific to signing a Division Order. Be aware, when signing the division order that it could amend your current lease and cost you money. My family is currently receiving royalties, without signing and returning a division order. Not sure if this is an Antero specific requirement but I was told that producers are including items in the division order, such as post production costs, which may not have been part of the original lease. I would contact any producer, who is requiring me to sign additional paper work to be paid, when your original lease should be sufficient. Hundreds of pages allow some very dishonest producers the ability to add in legal jargon that can cost you and your family money. So try to review it as much as possible and compare the details to your original lease or hire a good lawyer to help you out.

Good advice, Adam. It is definitely worth the money to pay an experienced attorney for a couple hours of his (or her) time to review a Division Order. It's their last opportunity to screw people out of what's coming to them, and to use their signature as an excuse. By the way, I'm guessing not too many people from Noble County read this board. Not a single one has responded to it with any information about their own experience with Antero or royalties. Oh, well!

they don't have computers there?

Go F---- your self

Division orders: The National Association of Division Order Analysts has a website

http://www.nadoa.org/index.html

with some information. Under the Publications page, you can find the Model Form DO. Some kind person told me about this a few years ago when a company was trying to do what Adam said, add in a clause about costs being taken out. I downloaded the Model Form, filled it in, and sent it back with a letter saying I would not be agreeing to deductions that weren't in my lease, and the company accepted it and has not deducted costs.

You never know when you need this.

Good info Nancy, thank you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service