Pro-Landowner Royalty-Deduction Bill Passes Out of Committee: See how they voted (HB1684)

Yea votes stand with the land owners of Pennsylvania, Nays do not!!!! We landowners need to support those who support us. We cannot forget these people who fight for what's right for the people of Pennsylvania. The fight isn't over yet.

Let's thank Rep. Garth Everett for sponsoring this legislation

Phone: (717) 787-5270
E-Mail: geverett@pahousegop.com

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/RCC/PUBLIC/listVoteSummar...

Views: 14829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please do go on. And please show us some evidence to back up your accusations. Easy to call people out on theses forums. I'm not suggesting you don't stop it, there are plenty of other ways to handle it though. Knee-jerk legislation that could bring a whole host of unintendended consequences isn't the answer.

if you don't think it will affect investment in marginal areas, you're nuts. Landowners are free to demand contracts with limits on PPCs. Let's educate them. If you are dead set on handling it through the legislature, a bill requiring more transparency will ferret out the scammers without unfairly throwing fair operators under the bus.

If you can't make a profit paying a legitimate 12.5% royalty you should get out of the oil and gas business immediately.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE W/ MARCUS;IF CHSPK CANT PROFIT BY PAYING FAIRLY,THEN GET THE HECK OUT OF PA AND LET A LEGITAMITE GAS CO./COS. TAKE OVER YOUR LEASES.I AM JUST TIRED OF THIS NONSENSE THAT IS BEING WAGED AGAINST WE THE LANDOWNERS.ITS TIME TO BRING THE BAD GUYS TO JUSTICE.

there has never been a law in pa which said that a 1/8 royalty cannot have deductions.

the kilmer decision by the pa supreme court stated that very clearly.

wj

Wj  this country of our was such a better place when you can make a deal on a hand shake and your fellow neighbor was honorable, honest, respectful. Oh how I miss those days. The lawyers, politicians and those who seek refuge behind contracts, to hide their dishonest ways is not what the people of Pennsylvania are all about. We don't have room is our state for people like this!

I too long for the days when folks were honest and forthright, but the truth is that there always have been people who would take advantage of us if we were not diligent. it's just that we never had to deal with them in such a costly manner as we now do.

it's really not about "the old days", but more about the character of the people that we used to, and now are forced to deal with.

yup, give me the simpler times...but with the money we now receive...the best of both worlds.

wj

Oh yes Jim I think we know that.  But the LAW says 12.5 percent and if you think what there doing is OK you are WRONG!  I do not accuse the facts are out there if you ignore the signs now YOU are a complete and TOTAL IDIOT!

only an idiot ignores the law and continues to believe that they can have whatever they want Darlene.

wj

Jim, See this is where your wrong. It is the oil and gas company who are not following the law. The law states 12.5% minimum royalty. They just choose to interpret the way it best suits them best.

That's why there are lawyers, even though we don't like to hire them. Just about every landowner involved with gas rights only sees $ signs in their eyes without any knowledge about what they are up against. The oil and gas companies have lawyers that make Philadelphia lawyers look like school boys. Until you fight fire with fire, you'll never get a spark going to get that fire.

the law does not state that the 12.5% royalty cannot be deducted from.

no lease written for the Marcellus or Utica gives less than a 12.5% royalty. they are all legal leases.

this has already been decided by kilmer v elexco/swn.

this new law seeks to change the 1979 law retroactively and amend leases written back as far as then. that is unconstitutional.

wj

you guys are confusing the royalty, with the payment.

the royalty is your share of production, that must be at least 12.5% and it is under these leases.

the payment is the royalty minus deductions for (supposedly) legitimate costs to get your share of production to market.

wj

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service