We have been unable to find much information about DUX Petroleum LLC, a company offering to lease land in Washington County, Ohio.

It occurred to us that if we asked members of gomarcellusshale to help search, together we could learn more.

Please help search and post what ever you find.

The website for DUX Petroleum LLC is: http://duxpetro.com/ but there are no links of any kind - no telephone number or address, no "about us" links or any other information.

A search on corporationwiki.com lead to this link:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Unknown/Unknown/dux-petroleum-limite... 

A search on bizapedia.com came up with this link:

http://www.bizapedia.com/tx/DUX-PETROLEUM-LIMITED-LIABILITY-COMPANY...

From them we learned that:

DUX Petroleum LLC was founded 10/25/12

It has a single member: Adam Popejoy

Its principle address is: 4403 48th St., Lubbock, TX 79414-3601

Because DUX Petroleum LLC is so new there is very little information about it. The only option may be to search for more information about Adam Popejoy and any of the companies he is associated with,

Please post anything you learn.

Views: 19267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dux has not recorded a single lease with Washington County Recorder’s office and no one in the Recorder’s office has ever heard of DUX Petroleum – April 19, 2013

This is an update of a post on March 27, 2013 on page 12 of this discussion.

Malinda Carlton said that her family signed a lease in November 2012. Even if they signed at the end of November the 120 days were up at the end of March.

Malinda Carlton, Michael Householder and DrillBABY have pushed the story that Dux is the largest lease holder in Washington County with 40,000 acres and had purchased leases from shallow well drillers (see earlier post). Leases acquired from shallow well drillers are usually recorded within two weeks because the due diligence is conducted before the sale – no 120 days required.

For any lease signed before December 20, 2012 the 120 days are up. To paraphrase the Wendy’s commercial – Where’s the lease?

Looking at DrillBABY's post from back in early February (below)...am I correct that the 120 calendar days that Dux Petroleum has to pay up will be coming up at the end of May or early June?  

Any solid/ factual indication either way of whether or not they will be following through?  Talks of an extension or anything like that?

-----------------------

Reply by DrillBABY on February 12, 2013 at 7:58am

This is a LEASE not an option which is what many people gave Cunningham, Wishgard and other numerous flippers. The lease states if you own your minerals and their is not existing lease you will be paid within 120 calender days, not BUSINESS days. As well your lease will not be recorded until you have been paid.

No they do not pay you in cash at the time of signing, no one does not. If they do they are not a very credible company.  

All fair questions.

------------------------------------

WELL, drillBABY, that depends.... IF you have in YOUR HAND a 'play' that will 'force their hand' (because they want/need it - cdwi can't do without it...)...AND your 'play' is significant enough to CALL THEM to dtyt (dance to your tune), then I'd have to disagree.

BUT one needs to be knowledgable of the 'strength' of the hand that they are holding...for instance - a square mile of land is nothing to sneeze at...there are MANY LARGER parcels & many lesser...but if they WANT TO DRILL YOU - they'll pay. It's a common transaction from days-of-yore.

IF you've got their 'sweet spot' & they're thinking that you are their darling...they'll 'play nice' & they'll pay. Now that's NOT to say that they'll be overjoyed to do so, but they'll happy to gwtw (get what they want). 

NOW how could something like THAT possibly be 'played out/PAID-UP-FRONT', WELL - MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING...let's 'get down to the 'dirty business'...

*In reference to Paragraph #(? - depends on the 'lease structure that is being addressed...usually near the top of the list, where $$$ is listed...) of this lease, Lessee shall pay to Lessor a One Time delay (scratch this out - word, 'delay') Rental of $xxx# flat fee (in parenthesis *spell out the $$$ amount - followed by *USD/United States Denomination), to be paid within thirty (30) days of Lessor's signature on this lease.

-------------------------------------/

WHAT do you make of THAT drillBABY? Your take?

MAY want to include an *additional bonus amount/acre for EACH drilling 'layer' they'll want to pound - previous to ANY drilling continuation of each independent geologically 'desired to be drilled' layer....just a thought.

REMEMBER: Anything's possible. NEVER loose sight of YOUR 'end-game'...because believe you/me - THEY have theirs ALL planned out (have for over x59 YEARS!) ... 

hg/mp/ta > have a goal, make a plan, take action. 

As one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness.

James Burke TDUC #2 - In the Light of the Above - YouTube

The DUX discussion in Washington Co. Ohio group has a post from five hours ago saying DUX didn't pay and wants them to wait another 120 days to see results of Magnum Hunter/Triad well being drilled in Washington Co.    Very interesting.

Unbelieveable that anyone with an IQ of greater than 2 would sign to continue with DUX. Run away from DUX as fast as you can. If Magnum Hunter's well comes in strong, landowners will be approached by real O&G companies offering good leases. Why would anyone tie up their land for another 4 months with a shell company, thus giving the shell company a chance to flip their lease for a hugh profit, a profit which the landowner would reap by leasing directly to a real O&G company. I just checked Dux's website and they still have no listed phone number. They purportedly have 55 years of experience, have operated in 20 states, but nobody has ever heard of them.  f think Attorney John Wells needs to clear this matter up, and offer some real explanations about DUX!    

You bring up a very understandable point, Sam - yet it is disdainful that you'd basically say that the persons who DID 'sign up' with DUX have IQ's 'less than 2'...but it's NOT like any of you REALLY 'offer' ANY worthy advice concerning LAND LEASE options to consider - DO YOU?

HOW ABOUT those ***poor souls that DID think that they were doing the 'RIGHT THING' with CX Energy / M&P lawyers with MERCER CO, PA. ... WHERE were you 'good ole' G/O hounds THEN???! (notice I refrained from using the word 'vulture', friend...). HIDDEN AGENDA'S everywhere across this G/O CHECKERBOARD...tell me straight up, scout's honour - on a STACK of BILBLE's that they aren't!

***Are you perhaps trying to say in not too many words that 'you've been played, SUCKER'?!

M&P BEING SUED / CLASS-ACTION SUIT AGAINST HALCON, M&P &... 

...and HERE is one I started in Jan. 2013:

SO 'HOT!' - SHELL game SUCKER-PUNCHED? - Go Marcellus & Utica S...

Read through 'em, but please don't 'weep' - GET MAD, MAD enough to do something - at least be 'on your toes' for the G/O people who basically think that you're *DUMBER THAN A MONKEY!!! YEP - that's what I said, because I, myself, KNOW that it's just plain as the nose on your face with there 'shell game' players...WRONG!!! rr/ww ('right is right' & 'wrong is wrong')

This Was Your Life - Chick Tract...Oeho (Opinions - everybody has one...) ***EYE OPENER, Sam...

As one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness. Be kind to everyone, because everyone has it tough.

CX-Energy and M&P at  least had a favorable track record and had concluded a number of deals with O&G companies other than Halcon prior to the Mercer county, Mount Jackson 4 debacle. The landowners involved in those earlier CX/M&P deals were paid to the best of my knowledge. What happened with Halcon, CX Energy and M&P concerning the Mount Jackson 4 project will be decided in the courts. Few have been more critical of CX and M&P than I have been, but fair is fair. Halcon is a real O&G company listed on the New York Stock Exchange with real assets and the capacity to drill wells. As such a company, it is a far different entity from DUX as even an idiot would recognize. Attorney John Wells needs to be investigated to learn why he allowed any property owner to sign with DUX. It is possible that he has reasonable answers but none have been forthcoming. It seems reasonable to ask if he has a secret deal with DUX to split profits if and when DUX is successful in flipping leaseholds to a real O&G company?? .  

BOY - you guys are REALLY, REALLY after this 'lure' - deep diver, ej?! WOW!!!

just providing info....not after any lure.....my hunting/fishing days in this deal/play are over.

I suspect they are just flippers.....that is all I need to know

WHO ARE YOU to say 'what I need to know', buddy?...bad call, Paul.

FISHING is always a 'calming endeavor'...might decide to 'pick it back up', friend.

I am Who I am.....

Not a Bad Call.....I have no land in Washington County, and won't ever be doing Business with DUX...so I know all I need to know on this subject.....next!

I provided information....which is what was asked for.

If you have info on DUX...please contribute.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service