What was all the hype for in Feb. on passing the state law 12.5 %  minimum royalty act law, now it seems like no one mentions it!  What happened to Tina Picketts big speach when so many of us gathered in the cold to have our voice!  Seems like the gas tax and cigarette tax all pass in a hurry, if it was an increase for their pocket it seems to pass fast enought!  One peed off gas royalty owner, 

Views: 1223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just checked my bank, stat oil went up 20 dollars this month but chesp. went down almost half,  boy are we getting ripped off!!!!!!!!!!  Lets all elect Tina Pickett, Corbett and all the other officials again~

It most likely won't matter in the long run who gets elected in Pa or any other state. Once the power of the office sets in  (which is quickly nowadays) all bets are off.

I just wonder if they will pick back up on this bill for the 12.5 or was it all a bunch chatter to make them look good, like they were really going to bat for us!  Now its all quiet. Would like to know what the big land owners have to say on this, like the Barrets for instance, I know he was quite upset that day at the courthouse.

Robert where is the link to  let them  know  how we all feel  about this news about HB 1684 WHAT THE  LL ARE  THE  ELECTED OFFICIALS  DOING ,,?   TINA IS PUTTING ON A EXPO NExt month in athens @ the school and I for one will bring this up !!  Even though it is the senior expo 

On face book to state rep. tina picketts face book page on the left you will see a write up about it by Darlene Eisenhardt, thats how I found out about it.

all the Gov. officals are in the O&G CO. pockets money talks and we the people get the short end of the stick 

As a constituent, I would determine who your State Representative is and inform he or she how important HB1684 is to you and ask them what their stand is on HB1684. You want your vote to count; so you want to know who to count on .... and you want your State Representative to know that you vote for the person who represents your interests .... and you are most interested in passage of HB1684 (in an essentially unaltered state).

Also, I would suggest that you contact the office or Representative Garth Everett who was one of the sponsors of HB1684 and thank him and ask for an update from his perspective    http://www.repeverett.com/

I have done both of the above, but am still awaiting a response to my email to Representative Everett; perhaps were enough people to query him, he might update the matter on his website.

A rather insidious amendment was proposed .... we need to remind all that we have not forgotten about HB1684 and want to see it passed in the House and on to the Senate .... essentially unaltered. If they do not hear from us, they will think that we have forgotten about it .... and so might they forget about it.

All IMHO,

JS  

I emailed Tina Pickett and her reply was that they have to pass the budget before restructuring and going back to HR1684.  Apparently they have a lot of opposition from people in the house that are on the gas companies side.  There is also some attorneys working on a 4 year look back (meaning maybe we will get back what they took) if some change is put in place.  She assures us that this is far from over.  Email her and see what she tells you.

Mary,

Thank you for that information.

I find it most disturbing that many of our Representatives would tacitly support the confiscation of royalties through subterfuge and bogus accounting tricks.

Monies obtained it such a manner disappear .... going out of State.

Monies paid to royalty owners largely stay in PA; enriching many Pennsylvanians.

Monies paid to royalty owners result in income taxes paid to the State of  Pennsylvanian; benefitting all Pennsylvanians.

Monies paid to royalty owners result in income taxes paid to the Federal Government; benefitting all Americans, Pennsylvanians included.

Representatives would tacitly support the confiscation of royalties are working against the interests of the very people who elected them ... treasonous!

Just had to let out this rant.

All IMHO,

JS

I am going to do just this,email tina P.m let her know we have NOT forgotten!

I wonder if NARO is doing all they can on behalf of landowners?

I would think that the combined wealth of the royalty/mineral owners in PA would surpass that of the O&G companies in the state.

Maybe a painfull reality is we as landowners and current and future royalty income earners have to pay a little more to our lobby group to "impart our will" on government.

Sad day when the People are being extorted for protecting their own best interests.

What I simply dont understand is what was the reason for Pa. to even pass a state law to guarantee us our 12.5 if no one honors it.  Is it all about who can line whos pockets the most.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service