Can anybody tell me  who will be included in a production unit. There are 2 new well sites started in my area (southern clarion county). I have sent to d.e.p. for the well plates for each site. Is there anyway of finding out what owners are included in each production unit. thanks

Views: 845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.landex.com/webstore/jsp/cart/DocumentSearch.jsp  Just fill out the form with the name of someone that you think might be in the unit.  When the list of their documents is shown - look for DECLARATION - click on the instrument number and it should show the pooling and unitization of that well.

There may be an easier way but this is how we do it.

I just checked Clarion County is not on Landex's list of Counties that they have documents for. You can try http://www.infoconcountyaccess.com you have to pay a set up fee and a fee for time spent searching for the documents you want but if you don't live in the area where the wells are being drilled it beats running to the courthouse to look!! 

you are on the right track checking well plats in the area of your property. Once you get the well plats you can use the latitude and longitude coordinates on the plats to plot well locations in Google Earth.

Did you contact Katie Schmid at DEP for the plats? She is usually pretty quick at getting back to you

The DEP has nothing to do with how an operator forms his drilling/spacing unit.  The length of the lateral, the orientation and the lease terms govern how and when a unit declaration is enacted.  The DEP is charged with permitting the well location, although the plat submitted by the operator will reflect the projected path for the lateral.  If I were you I would call the operator of the well(s) that you are curious about and simply ask them if you are possibly going to be included within the unit, and if so, could you be provided with a copy of the unit declaration when it is filed. 

Hi Jim,

I had contacted our driller when we first had suspisions that we were going to be in a unit. they were helpful and provided me with the information on the unit(s) we are now in, they however would not provide a copy of the declaration of pooled unit, they advised me that those documents were public records and could be obtained at the courthouse of the county where the units were located.

The reason I suggested to the person that posted this question to check the well plats carefully is that during my investigation of the wells in the area of our acreage I discovered that we were included in a second unit that they had not got around to notifing us about yet.   

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service