I wish all impersonators would discontinue pretending to be somebody they are not on this site. I realize there is an awful lot of money involved in this shale play, but placing fear in landowners minds to entice them to business with you is exremely unethical. I have gained as much knowledge as I possibly could this past three years...in hope of getting an Oil and Gas Company to lease our old family farm. The reality is we still do not have a deal...but I take pride in helping others navigate through this river we call Marcellus shale. I will not name names...you know who you are...please stop!

Views: 674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are real people on this site that have real families. People from all walks of life have a chance to overcome debt and hard times that this nasty worldwide recession has imposed on many of them. We should all be trying to help one another here...not take advantage of them by deception.
I have wondered the same Daniel.

get used to it. 

A it's the net, what did you expect?  shale gas was one of the top 10 stories of 2010 and it's atracing many people for many reasons

B.  it's OIL.... read your oil history.  it's the same thing over and over.  "this is the play of a lifetime"  and

"this won't go away" and then it falls.  it's all the same, just change the names, the cons and the towns.

and honnestly, do you expect people who can help to stop in and mess with this site when lawyers in pa are so busy they can't keep up?  Do you expect land men to just say " oh yea this is my tell and i could pay you X but I'll pay you twice that cuz I'm nice".   how do you think those men made that money?  why do you think they are here?   to give you free advice? to help land owners make it?  they love that idea, but the real movers and shakers are not going to hang out in a forum.  Those people are selling over a million in realestate every year or drive'n truck for 30 bucks per or selling 100,000 in clothing a month. 

you get what ya pay for and the net just makes it easyer for the cons.

There are some people on this site who do give good, free advice.   But since you've only been here for a month, and you're only here to plug your website, I can see how you might have missed that. 

Amen! Mike, thanks for all the good, free advice you have given me and my family. I have passed it on to many of my relatives and friends...good people, have a habit of doing good things...comes natural.The one thing I know to be true is the old atage,"What goes around ,comes around"!  

No problem Dan.  

How are things going for you up in Elk County?

Things seem to be at a standstill right now...too much gas...too low a price...infrastructure not in place yet...geopolitical messes around the globe! I have heard from a very reliable source that EQT is drilling exploratory wells in Weedville and Brockway this spring/summer. That, coupled with the news that National Fuel is constructing a 84 mile, 24" gathering line from Sigel,Pa. to Weedville,Pa....then from Weedville,Pa. east another 42 miles is giving us something to hang our hats on. We are about 5 miles east of Weedville on RT. 555. Time will tell my friend. I hope all is well with you, your brother, and your company. The only calls I get these days are from Royalty Companies looking to buy our mineral rights! Take care!

If it doesn't happen today or tomorrow, it will down the road.   Glad to hear you're staying on top of it and staying positive. 

All is good here, thanks for asking.   You still thinking about putting together a landowner group?

Yes, I had about 20 responses plus 5 or 6 other landowners up in Elk County...unofficial @ this time with no organization ...we will see what happens!Keep in touch and take care!
Mike, I have a friend of a friend who wants to sell his mineral rights...period. I have tried to talk him out of selling the Goose, but he wants some golden eggs now. He has a number he must have...do you have any interest in helping me find a buyer?

You have some nice advice.  But I feel I have offered some good advice and some stick up their nose.  I'm saying don't get your knowlage Retail, try wholesale.  much of this info is 3rd party.

and I also say that i see ppl here who should be encuraged to see real help.  but you opened this jar.  Do you work for free Mike? 

I don't work for free, but my contributions to this site and it's members have little to do with my occupation.  I've spent hours on emails, private messages, and on the phone talking to people who have issues, and most of the time they are not within 150 miles of where we lease land.  There is a lot of bad information out there, and I'm trying to help set the record straight and help people.  Somebody has to!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service