I'm confused. How does the Keystone Pipeline affect us here in the Marcellus/Utica region? Will it interfere with the drilling here?

Thanks!

Views: 6817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr. Barry D is 100%, 24KT., unequivocally correct. Mr. Warren Buffet purchased BNSF railroad for $26 BILLION in 2010...for a REASON !!! Warren Buffet's BNSF is the 10,000 -pound Gorilla in the OIL and GAS room. With Obama's PROLIFIC and successful war on coal, there has been a HUGE decline in rail shipments of coal. The replacement commodity has become Oil, and all the products ( sand, gravel, pipes ) needed to drill for oil and gas.  Sadly, it is far more expensive and dangerous ( I'am a ex- commercial lines transportation insurance underwriter...and some actuarial estimates are 100 times more dangerous to move oil by rail vs. pipeline ) . There have been many Oil spills by rail...and there will be many, many more...you just will not see them covered by our inept and bias media...just not going to happen. 

Furthermore, there are dozens, if not hundreds of other midstream , and downstream ( pipelines) planned or currently under construction. Why are these not being blocked ? Obama's ideaology and self-serving agenda's, always trump what's best for the masses. TRUTH MATTERS...

Great thanks for your eye opening replies Daniel Rupert and Barry D.

You should be awarded the GMS Medals of Bravery, Valor and Honor in my books.

Tell us all what you know / learn in the days ahead.

Does anybody in this discussion care about the environment and global warming? Tar sands are dirty and pollute a lot just to get the oil out of the sand. Why does Canada not run the pipeline to their East or West Coast.  My understanding is that the people of Canada do not want it.  Some dumb Americans want it for the few short term jobs it will  produce.  The reason that Canada backed off from the pipeline is because of the low price of oil.  You are seeing the same thing in the U.S. with the decrease in drilling rigs. As for Obama's war on coal the real war on coal is coming from the oil and gas interests.  We have five gas power plants being developed just in Eastern Ohio because of the availability of gas.  Why would anybody want to run a coal fired plant with all the infrastructure needed to truck/barge the coal to the plant and dispose of the ashes plus the pollution? Gas is not the whole answer to electric generation but it is the b est answer we have right now.  We really need sustainable non polluting energy.Again, does anybody care about the environment ? Should we give the coal fired plants the freedom to pollute at will? Are we stupid? Are we greedy?

no energy plan isn't a plan.

develop more of our domestic natural gas (and oil) resources and supportive infrastructure.

forget o.p.e.c., s.a. and m.e. sources.

work with our allies here in north and south america.

jmho

Don't be fixated on fossil fuels. We need to go to SOL energy and maybe windmills, not fossil fuels. There is a plan for renewable energy but a lot of people do not buy into it.  What are you leaving your kids and grand kids when we go headlong into fossil fuels? A problem unsolved!  Not to long ago we heated our houses with coal and coal was king.  Gas is king now but in the future alternate energy sources will be king. Let's move on. Coal miners are not the first to lose their jobs because of technology. Look at what we have in farming when in the past we were a100% agrarian economy.  

Wind is not omnipresent.

Solar is not omnipresent.

Hard for me to be fixated on intermittent sources.

Petroleum is basis for many other things beyond fuel - actually practically everything.

I'm fixated on everything - not just fossil fuel.

There's room for all fuel sources - I espouse more / continued / continuing development of all of them and domestically first.

Better batteries / storage methods will help wind and solar a lot.

But to affect the 'grid' with any significance the improvements would have to be on grand scale.

That would iron out the intermittency problem.

Right now we've got Natural Gas and Oil - and a lot of it.

Just the way I see it.

Actually we don't need gas and oil... we only need water !

You can take a SMALL generator running at a certain

"frequency"  and put the electrodes in a gallon of water...

and HYDROGEN BUBBLES will form...

and run that into your cars engine... EASY TO DO...

A guy in Columbus Ohio ran his VW from Ohio

to California years ago.. on ONE GALLON of water.!!

You can buy  Hydrogen generators right now on Ebay

at least.... YOUTUBE.. it....

very simple .. Hydrogen highly explosive...

THAT IS WHY WE BOMBED JAPAN....

The Scientists thought maby the Nukes would "ignite"

the surrounding AIR..... ie Hydrogen in the air....

AIR... two parts Hydrogen... one part Oxygen...

but they also figured there was enough "air volume"

to quench the Nuke.... better to do it in Japan then

Alamagordo Nm,.......the test bombs before Japan

were smaller.. so they wanted to test bigger ones...

Japan was the "test" site....  

Hydrogen.. its EVERYWHERE.....

and if the Cyclotron in Switzerland blows up.. it just might

Lite up Eastern Europe.... nice huh..   :(

True story.. after all.. Japans cities were mostly

TISSUE PAPER houses.... firebombing would have

wiped out any city....

and now they have HYDROGEN BOMBS.... nice huh ?

and OBAMA has the Keys  ?  no way... CIA does...

Mr. Fulper,

So Mike.......now you want to go Hydrogen Cells ? ?

That's about as abundant of a fuel supply as we can find I guess.

There are a few minor glitches with it I can think of however.

Remember the Hindenberg Airship disaster ?  

There's one that I can think of off the top of my head.

They'll work it all out someday - maybe it's a matter of making the fuel mix as lean as you can and still get it to burn adequately  to be a safe fuel  ? ?

I'm thinking Japan's ahead of us on that already and building a line of autos that would use it (thought I read that somewhere not too long ago).

The Keystone pipeline will take OIL from Canada to Gulf coast and be

SOLD.. TO THE CHINESE..  !!

WE are not buying Canadian oil..... why would we....

Out West they have more Oil then

anyone..

In OHIO We have more Oil then Saudi Arabia.....

Why should the USA let Canada sell there oil to the Chinese by using

OUR LAND  ??

The ONLY reason for the Keystone Pipeline being stopped..

is the INDIANS IN CANADA... stopped the

Western Canadian pipeline....!!!!!!!!!

Originally Canada was building a pipeline WEST to the Pacific....

so Canada is BUYING off our Politicians ....and trying to run across the middle of

the States..

NOTHING positive for the USA.... only temporary construction jobs....

Keystone pipeline is a JOKE....

Besides that. .the SIOUX INDIANS IN THE USA....

said NO WAY... across their land.... 

Remember the PHOTO OP PIC of Obama....

setting with the Indians out WEST this summer  ?

they told him    ...NO....

Warren Buffet has nothing to do with the stopping of the pipeline....

Sioux Indians do.. and

the fact we don't need Canadian oil going to CHINA.. across our land...

We have MORE OIL THEN ANYONE...

why would we "buy" Canadian oil....????

we are not...

Screw the CHINESE...

Dear Mr. Fulper,

Would you explain to me the economic rationale for exporting Canadian heavy crude from Texas and Louisiana to China and then importing heavy crude from Venezuela and from even more expensive heavy crude from the Middle East for refining in our Gulf Coast refineries (all of which are designed to run on heavy crude, not light sweet which we now produce in abundance)?

I'm sure that top-level executives at Shell and Aramco whose three 50/50 joint venture Motiva refineries that are designed to run on heavy crude (producing 1,000,000 bbls/day of refined product) would be interested in your reasoning.  FYI, Motiva Port Arthur is the biggest refinery in the US at 650,000 bbls/day.  And, the US Gulf Coast has the largest concentration of refineries and petrochemical complexes in the world.

By the way, did you know that there is a pipeline running from northeast British Columbia to Kitimat BC on the Pacific coast.  No Fed approval needed since it operates within one province.  Trans Canada's Trans Mountain pipeline is already operating to the Pacific coast.  They simply want to expand capacity.

Also by the way:  What do you have against the Chinese?

Also, Ohio doesn't have more oil than Saudi Arabia; not by a long shot.

The US may be the biggest oil producer in the world.  That's not the same as the holder of the biggest reserves!  But who cares?  The US, Saudi Arabia and Russia are the top three producers.  There's room for all of us.

Thanks for your reply Barry D.

Kindly keep us informed of anything you learn.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service