Here is link to the latest bill on severance tax  for Ohio.

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=130_HB_375

Here is comment by the Ohio Oil and Gas Association on this bill; they seem to like it.

How will it affect royalty owners?

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/ohio-o...

Views: 4094

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How is the current Severence Tax set up now ?
Thinking the E & P / O & G pays (based on severed production).
It's been thought to be 'too onerous' to subject the Landowner to Severence Tax liability times previous to these as I've read earlier and elsewhere o these GMS pages.

And what I'm reading / trying to understand currently isn't ? ?
A landowner / lessor ought to be enabled to opt out of ownership in a well and payment of Severence Tax if that's the landowner's / lessor's preference; under any circumstances.
If the Bill isn't so written it should be revised.
All only in my very humble landowner's / prospective lessor's opinion.

Perhaps he questions we are asking should be taken to our reps at the state house for a answer BEFORE THEY VOTE   so they wont need to read their mistakes later? 

Billy, I don't think its a "perhaps" we should; absolutely we should be asking the reps the questions and where they stand on various parts of the proposed changes to this bill. And have they recently spoken to landowners in their district about oil and gas issues?

Correct us if we're wrong in our interpretations but from what we're reading the direction that this whole thing seems to be taking sounds like something some kind of corporate-government allied dictatorship / oligarchy would inflict on the governed - as opposed to something legislators of a Democratic Republic would come up with.  That seems to be the direction that these legislators (sponsors of the Bill) and G & O magnates are leading us all toward.  The comparison may be too strong, as we as a free people have the right to object to that direction - and as landowners we should - and speaking for myself and my Mrs. as landowners - we do.

When we put it all together and try to understand the big picture - we're getting this :

The Landowner / Lessor will accept a lease on the Landowner's / Lessor's privately owned lands / portions thereof or may be force pooled into a drilling / production unit; which depending on the prevailing lease agreement (that the Landowner / Lessor has no control over) may obligate the Landowner / Lessor to pay unknown costs pertaining to the development of the Gas and / or Oil Well / Production / Post Production / Taxes including Severance Tax, etc. on an acreage prorated basis - and may force the landowner / lessor into a well ownership position - exposing the landowner / lessor to unknown liabilities that the landowner cannot circumnavigate.
Are there insurances that a landowner / lessor could buy to protect themselves against unknown liabilities that the landowner cannot circumnavigate in an ownership position ?
Gas and Oil Exploration and Development companies have these insurances and / or have the where-with-all to self insure.  Landowner / Lessors do not.

Are we getting all of this right ?
In our ever so humble landowner opinion - we (all landowners / lessors / prospective lessors) should tell them we don't want that kind of Rule / Law / Code / Article written / legislated into Law.
To us they are talking about legislating into law that a landowner / lessor / prospective lessor must buy a 'pig in a poke'.
How can this be legalized ?
Show them these posts and concerns.
Show them before they write these landowner oppressions into law.
Change their minds.
We're convinced that they think we are not conscious of these trespasses / transgressions / usurpations / oppressions of our landowner private ownership rights.
To us is that is what all of this represents - landowner trespasses / transgressions / usurpations / oppressions.
Show them these posts.
Send the sponsors each a copy.

Do we have a volunteer or volunteers to ask for office calls with the bills sponsors with a request of a media reporter present? Keith?

And now an editorial from the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2013/12/a_step_forward_o...

Seems folks from the Tea-party to the 99%'ers oppose this type of oppressive taxation, yet the money grab keeps marching on. Re-distributing the wealth to the urban areas didn't fly so now the plan is to re-redistribute wealth to the 1% with tax breaks. Very Sad.
Can't the Attorney General provide some oversight / guidance on these discussions / proceedings / matters / concerns (especially in way of what landowners perceive as trespasses / transgressions / usurpations / oppressions / abuses of ownership rights) ? ?

Why not ask him to weigh-in on theses things prior to writing them into code / law ? ?

Why not ask him (as a group) to intervene and stop it before it starts ? ?

How about creating a petition for his review ? ?

Very good Joseph, I'll sign it!

Evert

Today I called a couple of legislators over this has anyone else?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service