Here is the area for questions about leases. Mind you the information you hear should not be considered as legal advise but it will possibly shape a better session with an attorney if you have some basic knowledge about a lease. By all means, in the amount of money one may make in this shale play legal advice is worth its weight providing that attorney is working for you.

Views: 9413

Replies to This Discussion

I have talked with the Newark Advocate and it seems as if they do not give a rats  you know what on the Oil and Gas impact to the locals.  I have even suggested they assign a reporter to cover this subject as alternating reporters can not get a grip on it being bounced around. 

Perhaps they just don't like the idea of a person being able to become wealthy. I don't know they gave more coverage of the smoking ban issue and the dad burn traffic cameras in Heath than of a local farmer getting over a million bucks for a lease. 

If I had the money I myself would place a add in the Advocate to get the landowners involved. 

This thread alone could bring to the Licking County Government or Muskingum County extra millions of dollars if landowners learn a bit. 

Id bet ya the Newark Advocate thinks a flipper is 1. A dolphin. 2.The guy at the start of a football game or some one who works at a burger joint! 

I went around the larger neighbor hood yesterday advising my neighbors about this website. When I asked them if they new about the oil situation most had heard about the meetings that have been held. Thats the good news the bad was some have not attended.

One thought it didn't concern them as they were under a lease. Rather surprised them when I told them they might not be to some extent. What do you mean I was asked. Well if you have say any acreage be it only 3 acres you might be involved. In this case it was a larger parcel of land. I said if your lease does not allow for unitization or pooling of your land and they need your land to make up a drilling unit they must come to you to modify the lease, that puts you in the drivers seat. They need your signature at that point to modify the lease where you can ask for bonus lease money, increased of protection in the lease even a higher percentage of royalty! Wow I didn't know that! Now they know.

The other had a pond he was under a lease but the same applied to him plus he might be able to make a estimate here of $50,000 on a sale of water from the pond! Hmm he never thought of that. 

That's the reason the website was created to educate. Nice thing is some land owners in here have became friends and are planning a nice get together as well.  Enjoy the site, be active ask a question or questions a lot of questions have been asked in the site with lots of answers provided as well. 

You raise some valid questions OD. Would you do me a favor? Please delete your post or edit it to make it a bit more g rated lol

Too late to edit my last post so I just deleted it. I will try to keep my " enthusiasm" under control in the future. Ha ha ha ha.

Thank ya, even I get tempted to get colorful on antifrackers lol. 

REQUESTING COMMENTS UPON THIS LEASE:

I saw where J.Smith put in a post about a dead line for joining the Muskingum Valley Landowners Group which was started by the Law Firm of Graham and Graham of Zanesville. 

As stated I am not promoting any group over another here as I believe they the groups will stand upon their own in what they may offer a land owner. As Such I am posting the Muskingum Valley Land Owners Group Join document as well as the lease that they are utilizing.

Mant here in GOMS have already been through the leasing process, some with regret some highly satisfied. I call upon them to make comments about this lease in what they view as the good the bad or ugly. From there you can decide. 

As in any case when dealing with lease matters seek legal advice from an attorney that has experience in Oil and Gas. 

For ease in use try to maintain replies to a given topic within the lease or terms. 

Attachments:

No, I wouldn't recommend signing this lease.

REQUESTING INPUT ABOUT  THE JOINING AGREEMENT

Attachments:

You may be approached about a right of way for a pipe line.  Now that gets very interesting as every land owner has a different property lay out and size.  Here is a bit of information to read up upon. Look towards the bottom Easements http://www.texasattorneyblog.com/texas_oil_and_gas_law

There is also a thread on piplines in the main section as well.  See http://gomarcellusshale.com/forum/topics/pipeline-rates?commentId=2...

ALERT NEW FOUND DATA

Looks as though Chesapeake has a lot more acres in Licking County than we thought. I have not had the time to look them all up but if your a landowner you might want to check out where if your under a lease where it may be.

Chesapeake in Licking County

Chesapeake recorded its first lease in Licking County on 3/8/2012. It was an extension of a 2007 lease. That was the only Chesapeake lease in Licking County. I just drove by today, because it is pretty close by and they are widening the road, replaacing culverts and addiding gravel to the road. Could be just a coincidence, but there have been 6 new wells drilled there in the past 12 months.

Reply by Billy Park Whyde 1 second ago

Delete

Hi Jodi

I looked into the LC recorders data and Chesapeake has more than one they merged with Columbia Natural Resources which gave them more leases. Look up Columbia in the simple search scroll down to Columbia Natural Resources Chesapeake has lord only knows how many acres!!!!!!!!

A lease you would want to avoid!

This is a copy of a lease filed in the Muskingum County recorders office. Note other comments on this lease.

Billy,

Typical boiler plate lease.

Fang

This is a lease no land owner should sign.

Attachments:

Get the Education!!!!!!!

I came across a lease in Licking County where the well pad fee to be paid to the Land Owner  was $1,000 . Tell your neighbors, your parents, anyone with land to get educated! Well pads are worth $20,000 or more!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service