We just found out our land is being drilled under in Clinton District, Mon county, WV.

Chesapeake has drilled 3 wells on the same property and the first one has passed right under our land not far from the wellhead.

We found out by contacting the DEP rep who sent us the plats. 

All along we have wondered about this because the land is not quite a mile from us. 

We matched it all up and they are indeed below us.

So, now what do we do?

Thanks!

Views: 12223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, do report soon, please....for you are leaving us hanging on this one.  sure hope you are finding out things that HELP you and have good legal counsel.  be careful....watch your back big time....and get to the bottom of all of this.  good luck.....

DID U EVER GET THIS RESOVLED. IN THE SAME FIX WITH MINERAL RIGHT MY GREAT GRANDFATHER HAD RESEVERED BACK IN 1947. HAVE CONTACT BOTH CHK CORP. OFFICE AND LOCAL LANDMAN NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A ANSWER YET

Thelma, My grandfather always made sure to retain all mineral rights. Always.

This was done in 1927 and is so stated in the deeds.

CHK has to provide some serious paperwork and they have not and it's been 2 months already.

I've contacted the main guy in OKL and he has not gotten back to me.  This well was permit approved 11/1/10.

I've left 3 voicemails.  They better hurry up is ALL I can say. 

Thank you Al.

I did try to call Robert and had to leave a voicemail.

He did not return my call.

I wish he would.

Al,

I was never able to reach him.

I do still need to talk to him.

Congrats! Wish I had a well!

Exciting discussion.  Nice work.  Like a car chase in the movie Bullet.... Good Luck...

Without a lease, they are committing subsurface trespass - contact an attorney at once!

Jasper, We know, believe me, we know!

There is going to be so much more to add shortly.

There is alot going on.   I can't wait to tell you all!

I have to wait for now..

thanks jk for your update. i did talk to man in OKL yesterday for the second time. he still says that the people who live there now have mineral rights. told him i had my great grandfather's will that states he reservied the mineral rights so i fax it to him. how waiting to hear back. Also  he said that if it turns out that chk is wrong that it wontn't be tespassing because they drilled with the understanding that they had a legal lease for this property. I think i have is attenation now. will up date when i have get some more answer's

Did the current landowner possibly use the Dormant Minerals Act to have those rights vested back with the surface owner?

Not in WV Finnbear.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service