Some true,some hearsay...Aubrey is looking for a site to build his regional office with a Cambridge address.  Aep Utica is looking to drill a well behind the General store in Old Washington,early feb.   .AEP is drilling now in Harrison co. Rice will be moving their big rig from Belmont co. to daddy Shugerts well in Old Washington,soon. Bluegrass Pipeline coming thru the county this year. Compressor  station for Antero's well below Senecaville is ready to fire up any day.  Gulfport is sending rigs to Guernsey soon. EQT is wanting to drill 21 new wells in Guernsey this year. Carrizo has 2 pads built,ready to roll. Cheasapeake,all of a  sudden,likes Guernsey,better than Carroll. The company wanting to build an apartment complex at the I-77/Rt.22 site has agreed to help finance a sewer plant needed at that site& Coventry Estates. Motel to be built across from Pilot on the hill almost ready to roll. Some landowners near Quaker City are getting offers of $13,400. per acre to sell their Mineral rights.  Any other tidbits are welcome. You hear things from credible sources that may not even be true,but you be the judge.

Views: 110032

Replies to This Discussion

I know TOO well. I was one of them. On a small scale,of course,but lost my A. Chalked it up as bad timing, but that was not oil&gas fed, that was our wonderful guberment dealings.

There is a point in any business realationship where if one side becomes to difficult to deal with the other party will walk away. Doesn't matter what business.

No exactly. The same thing has happened to oil and gas MANY times throughout history. It's only a matter of time before history repeats itself. Could be next year could be 20 years but history always repeats itself.

You and I have gone back and forth a few times on royalty figures. Well I'm receiving royalty from gulfport now in sw Harrison county. To give you idea it's about $150/acre/month. 20% gross royalty. Per gulfport these wells are NOT restricted. I'm happy but nothing like the numbers that are typically thrown around. Specifically for the area the well(s) are located in.

I'm surprised!@ Was thinking it should be 10 times that, in sw Harrison. At that #  I see why others would want to just go ahead and SELL their royalties/or minerals.

Doesn't that number fluxuate month to month depending on production? I was told these wells should be putting out more... Maybe they ain't processing fast enough?

Yes I was expecting higher as well but these are real figures. I'm also in a chesapeake well in north township Harrison county. That is paying significantly less per acre but I believe these may be constrained. The money is decent but nothing to retire on...

I thought I read that Harrison County was being held back from lack of pipelines and refining capabilities?  The lack of processing is affecting everybody.  I wouldn't bet that those wells are fully producing.  I have a very good friend at work just South of Amsterdam in Jefferson County (near the corners of Jefferson, Harrison and Carroll counties) who is getting about $100 a month/acre on a 640 acre pool with only 1 leg producing.  And yes, I've seen the check and stub.

I also have acquaintances just outside of Carrollton who are both getting about $500 month/acre after about 6 months production.

We have many trailer sites being built on Birmingham and Wintergreen Rds and filling up quick. I'd rather see a royalty check than temp housing As long as the economy grows.

Yeah, I was thinking much more too... Well it is what it is I guess... Maybe it will get better in the not too distant future... I'm gonna wait till my lease expires in about 21/2 years before I do anything... I would like to retire someplace warm after this winter...LOL

You know what I think? It's gonna come down to Pipe Lines.... It's one thing to drill a good well.... But getting the product to market is another..... 100 dollars an acre is way low I'd say... I mean the potential is much more if we can get it to the processors and then out to the customers be they here or over seas. China is willing to pay big... They have control now over many Utica acres.... Pipe lines are slow going in... Wells a being drilled with no where to send the oil and gas.... 

Per gulfports interim CEO "... Gulfport is not restricted in any way on how were producing our wells. we have plenty of takeaway, plenty of capacity. We don't have wells shut in, waiting on pipeline. Our wells are not restricted."

Anyone that has posted ACTUAL royalty amounts on this site have been in the 100-500 per acre/month range. No one has posted actually receiving those huge numbers everyone likes to dream about.

I'm glad some who are actually receiving royalty payments are giving us the #s. Something is weird though. When see what the production reports are for these wells, per the quarterly reports,then you factor in the $100.+ per barrel of oil, the $5.m/l for gas, guess at the $ for condensate,propane,butane,ethane. Then figure in the landowners,say 20% gross. You come up with WAY more than what these checks are. Don't know what kind of leases they have, but there most be some shonanegans{cant spell} going on.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service