Here is an article from the New York Times posted just a few hours ago that tells of the 47 executions carried out today by the Saudi government.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iranian-protesters-ransack-saud...

Here is a Seeking Alpha article published in the last couple of days.   I have read the entire article as well as the comments which are full o viewpoints that we are not reading/discussing on GMS.  IMHO thinking of the info in both articles the oil price is being manipulated for political purposes in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East region.  The stability of the region IMHO is the weakest it has been in the past 65 years.There are no easy answers for the resolution of the instability and its implications for the price of oil.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3785606-the-game-changer-saudi-arab...

Views: 2172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm done with them (SA / OPEC)  myself.

I've been done with them for a long time.

Since seeing GWB and a royal holding hands.

I see SA as =  to OPEC.

Done.

JMHOs

I definitely am not done paying attention to the politics and cultural hassles going on in SA or OPEC nations.     lol JO, IMO, oil is the currency that makes the world go round and better pay attention to what the flow of that currency is doing in a number of countries.

I'm definitely paying attention along with you but don't believe that they're allied with us.

I also don't believe that we owe them our blood and treasure for the above very reason.

Also, I'm sick of hearing our politicians identifying them as our allies.

Throw 'em to the wolves then kill the wolves.

WTF ! ? ! ?

JMHOs

The US and SA became allies over the Saudi oil fields.   SA needed US companies expertise to develop that resource and the multi national oil companies continue to have a high stake in those fields.  

Strange how one's little piece of heaven in Ohio can be affected by international politics.   Guess it could be called  "trickle down diplomacy".

Call me old fashioned but these days it should take much more than a connection to their oil fields to be proclaimed an ally of ours.

There's a war going on out there (even if it hasn't as yet been declared by our leadership).

MHOs

Saudis didn't waste any time asking Iranian diplomats to leave their country.   MHO these are the types of actions that escalate tension.   Stayed tuned to see what happens to the price of oil.

This may be the biggest news in a long time. If they go to war, all hell will break lose.

Watch the market tomorrow, Oil stocks and crude will sky while the rest of the market tanks..

So much for $2/gal gasoline

I'm sorry to say, but this is what it was going to take to get the price of oil up. Gas will follow. It's like Donald Trump said,"get the oil;take the oil"!  It's all about the OIL!

Just heard a sound bite on TV that Bahrain has told Iran diplomats to be out in 48 hours.  

The above is from the Islamic Republic News Agency.    It is the current scorecard of countries cutting ties with Iran.

Surprised to see Turkey joining them.  Was wonder what Turkey would do. Iraq is a mess and will probably split into thirds as part of Shia/Sunni split.

About time someone stood up to Iran but this could get ugly.

The world as we know it is indeed changing.    Now the SA news is that they are considering an IPO of their oil company, Aramco.   How indeed will that affect world markets and the international currency of oil?    Here's the article from Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-07/saudi-arabia-is-c...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service