It really is all about greed isn't it? Their greed and your greed. Think you can drink that oil, just try it!

Views: 814

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Out of curiousity Sharon........do you own land and/or mineral rights???   ......And, if you are so worried about China Sharon, then you should think twice before you casting that vote.......the politicians in Washington are the ones you should be mad at, ...they are the ones selling our souls to China. 

My wife and I are both enviromental scientists and we like Tom, we knew nothing two years ago and taught ourselves everything we now know.  We made an informed decision and signed a very solid lease.  We understand that with every industry there are risks, but we have faith in the technology and expertise that the Gas companies bring to PA. 

Joe,

You and your wife are enviromental scientists? I am impressed. However I took the time to read most of your discussions and what I found was your interest in how much money you could get and how the land man was low balling. Go back to then drawing board you need more research. Seriously? Do you really want to discuss Washington? Wrong discussion board. These decisions that are being made are in your own back yard right now.

Sharon Kintz
you're a liberal activist hack....find another outlet for your anger Sharon. 
and...you don't have acreage or mineral rights!  I love it!  must suck to be poor like you. 
I wish there was a "LIKE" button for this response.  I have never thought about that aspect of having it under our feet, I was only thankful we had something so we might not have to send more men and women to fight for in other countries!

Sharon, I fail to see how this can be 'all about greed'. Without a demand for a product-in this case natural gas, there is no market, with no market there is no economic incentive to produce.  As the northeast US is one of the largest markets in the WORLD for natural gas, it only makes sense that the producers of this resource would seek to extract it from the area closest to the market.

Broken down to its simplest terms, there are THREE parties involved in these transactions:

1) The landowners-those who OWN the resource.

2) The energy companies-those with the knowledge, equipment and capital to extract it and deliver it to-

3) THE CONSUMER-that's you and I and everyone else who enjoys the benefits of our current technologies.

You're quick to call the first 2 'greedy', yet conveniently leave out the third party who is PROVIDING THE MONEY.

Every time you fill your car, turn on your lights, run the furnace or hot water, you are, in effect, DEMANDING that someone, somewhere, sell what they have (gas, oil, coal, etc) to you. If you're going to call the landowner, who owns something you're DEMANDING, greedy, isn't this just another case of the pot calling the kettle black?

Great reply Dan!  I would suggest not spending much more time replying to Sharon though, because it's clear that she is bitter because she has no aceage in the play. 

Thank you Joe. I believe you nailed it with bitter.  I will take your suggestion and not waste my time with her

Joe,

Oh you are so WRONG, however I am not the least bit surprised because "you didn't do your homework Joe". I have made my point. I will let you little boys comfort one another.

Happy New Year!

Sharon Kintz

I would say Ms Kintz has much in common with a "Maytag"...

They're the best darn aggitators in the land !

Happy New Year, Everyone !

Todd,

I don't know who you are but I LOVE you.

Sharon Kintz
After you read my reply to your "Cnooc LTD" discussion, you won't !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service