The main thrust of the site will always be leasing and drilling information. With that said, I have noticed several political discussions popping up.

Reply with YES or NO; should we add a political group?

*If added the discussions for this group would not be on the homepage where the main page forum currently is displayed.

Views: 4586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No.....
No.  Enough with the politics, we can't seem to escape the blame and acrimony.  I've seen discussions of proposed legislation on here, that should be as far as it goes.

i do not understand how you can have a site like this and not address or acknowledge politics.  this is one of the most political issues we are facing in this country.  unfortunately, the gov't wants to regulate each and every industry so to ignore politics is about as naive as it gets in my opinion.

politics unfortunately is something that people need to consider when they are negotiating their lease.  legislation here, or something proposed there could affect your leasing options and has in a lot of areas.  Companies are pulling out of different municipalities because of politics, and that is something that needs to be addressed and acknowledged.

The problem is politics - as a secondary page ok - but how about a site with the facts so citizens could make good judgments and educate their local representative.

This has been most interesting.  Many people are against the idea of a page for politics because it will poison the site, which may be true. Many are for it because politics is a powerful influence on the entire industry.  Both sides have merit

But what is most interesting is that since this thread was started there have been nearly 100 posts on this subject and almost none on the rest of the site.  So it seems that a debate on whether or not we should have a debate on politics has already dominated the site. As Spock would say "Fascinating."

no,
            stick to business, and getting the acurate stories from the real people involved and that have there homes and property at risk 

Yes with the very strong argument that it must be objective and constructive. I've been close to the political arena for 30+ years and for the most part have a very negative outlook on the constructive nature of the arena. For the most part politicians are egomaniacs who are generally concerned with what persona they need to reflect so that the general public will like them over another candidate or human being. Have you ever heard a politician admit he made a mistake and that you should support the other candidate because they could probably do a better job? I didn't think so! They would rather convince you that what they do or how they envision things are not being seen in the proper light. Unfortunately, politics is a necessary evil and in order to get attention to your cause you need political clout. There is no doubt that Marcellus is a political double edged sword. The potential for changing the energy crisis and dependence on forgien oil is mind stagering. On the other side is environmental impacts and uncertainties. T. Boone Pickins is an incredible visionary and business man and his ideas are exactly what we need to put this Country back on the map. Unfortunately, the political arena is so deversified that it can't see the forest for the trees. If the government would throw it's support and money out to the shale development prospects it would generate jobs on both sides of the aisles. It could provide for better environmental training, more effective permitting processes, more effective advancements in field operations for drilling efforts, and logistics in producing the home grown energy that could have other countries buying from us. It would provide the United States with assets that will give it the world class clout it needs at this time.

For these reasons GMS should have a political voice. Again, It needs to serve the purpose not the individuals providing the message.

That was really well put , thanks
Yes. Just understand that there can be very strong opinions that will sometimes bring out the mule in us all.

Yes.

YES.  Not on the front page.

... and kick anyone off who posts political or otherwise nasty comments anywhere else on the blog.

I am here for news/information.  (Really, I had rather say, "NO".)

Go ahead and delete anything you see that already on the blog.  Thank you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service