statoil 14,000' lateral..hilltop north unit..gotta be the longest?

How long can laterals be?

Views: 866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

where is this statement referenced for   first I have heard of a lateral almost 3 miles long ..........where you getting your info

The newest odnr permit for Statoil

What is the wells name & number?

It is the R & D Hilltop Lumber S U2H drilling unit acres of 1317

experimental to see how far they can go nd see how big of a production number they can  receive from one well compared to 2 or  3 wells .....guess somebody had to try it

Antero's Turkey unit, s.e. ohio, 3.25 mile laterals. Check it out on tis site. Type in Turkey Unit in the search space. Don't think they have drilled yet, but will be interesting indeed!

How long can a lateral go?  Please sit down before you read this.

Sakhalin is the Russian island that stretches north of Hokkaido up to the Kamchatka Penninsula.

There, a consortium of Gazprom, Shell, Mitsui and Diamond (Mitsubishi) have established Sakhalin II.

The drilling platforms are on shore but their laterals extend out into the Sea of Okhost currently for about six kilometers!  Eventually, they hope to double that to twelve kilometers!  For all I know, they may have already achieved this.  Such information isn't readily accessible.

The following is taken from a Gazprom website:

" . . . In the long term, horizontal wells with super-large deviation exceeding 12 kilometres will be drilled to develop more of the fields from the existing platforms and  drilling rigs designed for operations in the arctic conditions, thus allowing for well construction during the ice period. Sub-sea wellheads will be stationed on sea floor frames and connected to the existing platforms by sub-sea pipelines.

Currently, the maximum deflection of water-injection wells drilled from the Molikpaq platform is 6.3 km;  platform—1.4 km; . . . "

"deflections" and "deviations" refer to laterals.

Are you impressed?   Explore the Sakhalin II project websites.  You'll be amazed!

Paige 5H in Columbiana County along SR 644 is 2.3 miles long in the North West Direction, and 21,000 feet into the Pt Pleasant Shale.

CHK asked for Stealth Status for one year from the ODNR while they steal our well products in the name of protecting their Super Secret lateral. Too bad the information is already out about the lateral and the theft. Check out their Units in that area, they are 550 feet from the lateral to the border on one side and 1250 feet to the border on the other side. No doubt some landowners will be stolen from using those unique Unit configuration. Can you say Landowner Retaliation? You know I can.

I didn't sign any Non Disclosure agreements about CHKs wells or theft, so the word is getting around.

CONSOL Energy has a similar lateral in Green County PA I've forgotten the exact length.

If you want the Super Secret Data on Paige Well 5H, go to ODNR Well Locator Map and use the i icon to get the information at the well head. The Lateral for Paige 5H has disappeared from the map. I'm sure it was wrong anyway. The Pitts 10H well is off by 400 feet on the map. Ask me how I know.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service