To Lease or Not to Lease: Has Anyone NOT signed a lease? I'd like to hear why you didn't

My wife and I are part of a landowners group that is in the process of having their Range Resources contract reviewed by attorneys.  We only have 3.2 acres and have not decided whether we are actually going to sign a lease.  I am curious to hear from people who started to go through the process and then at some point decided against it.  I'd like to hear your reasons.  FYI - I'm not posting this so I can attack people's decisions.  I am genuinely interested in hearing from people who decided not to sign a lease.  

Thanks in advance!

Views: 16244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jonathan,

Was just thinking, did anyone suggest that you keep the house, rent it out and move? Might be something to consider if you wanted to keep the mineral rights.

Actually, a good friend of mine suggested it.  However, we need the cash out of this house to roll into the down-payment for the next one.  Also, the area where the house is located is not an area where we would be able to rent at monthly rental fee that would cover our mortgage.  We still could have the title search done but we would be looking at $200 / hr for an attorney plus the cost of the title insurance.
Well if you don't lease you are going to lose your gas.The fracks get gas from who knows how far away. It's pointless with 3.2 acres. Sorry you don't have much to bring to the table.
I'm okay with that.  I agree with you - with only 3.2 acres we really didn't have much in the way of leverage without the acreage of the rest of the group.  If we sell our house for a fair price - GREAT!

Jonathan,

I can tell you've been through the wringer. Feel that way myself. We wanted to sell as well and convey the rights. Personally, I don't need the heartache or the guilt. 
Wishing you luck and some peace a little farther down the road. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service