GMS members voted overwhelmingly for Corbett in our GMS Poll, so GMS landowners may be experiencing some angina this morning.

What does this mean for PA and the Marcellus?

Here was our poll...

Here are the actual results...

Views: 11519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Gary & Craig seems the majority of the state disagrees with your opinion just as the majority disagreed with your previous president funny tho yinz still hatin on Obama ... Kudos to the teachers and the unions for being thinkers and doers I'm sure you also have a big bad George bush tattoo but do humor me with your right winged thinking I personally will continue to walk to my mail box for ANY royality check regardless of who the administration is free $ for no work now that's the American dream :) don't hate
Lauren, maybe someday you will understand its for love of country not hate. The Democratic party controls the city's of Pennsylvania and all they bring is poverty and misery and need low information voters to win elections.

Dear Lauren,

Apparently you have hit a nerve. Al and Jason aren't bringing much to the party. Your comments are measured and on target. Know that they are read with respect. To Al & Jason-care to try to formulate some recommendations to help  the landowners in getting a fair shake, rather than just bitching and moaning?

Dan.

Dear Daniel, the majority of landowners voted against your beloved party.
Thanx dan c you are so right instead of showing bitterness and inadequate reasonings as to why their so called majority keeps losing if they feel Win less maybe they can reinvest their profits into oil/gas stocks make even more $ for doing what? Absolutely nothing. Greed is no solution, seriously guys find a tree to hug:)

Lauren if you think royalty money is free money come to work on a farm that has a well with free royalty money for a week. Also by my count I think PA.has 67 counties only 24 voted for Wolf care to guess which ones?

So you actually work for your royalties?

why is it welfare when we try to help all of our great citizens but it is not welfare when farm land is place in clean and green or farmers are paid not to grow crops?????.

Try searching "election results" on Google. They have a great interactive map showing the results for 2014 House, Senate and Governor races. Blue is for Democrat victories and Red is for Republican. It's fairly obvious where the majority lies. As for the "free" royalties....I recall the land that I bought several years ago as an investment (someone once told to buy as much as I could because they don't make it anymore) will hopefully pay me dividends in the form of a royalty check. I also recall that I worked hard to pay for that land. It wasn't free. A majority of us don't have a pension to fall back on and my investments will be my retirement. My land IS my oil/gas stock. I've always found that hard work reaps the most rewards. I can honestly say "I built that" and know that I actually did.

John, you are like most of my neighbors-basically hard working folk doing the best they can for themselves/loved ones/community. Party aside, the best we can now do is to try to keep the O/G companies honest and living up to the contracts they signed with landowners. Google CHK Lawsuits, and see the kind of mischief that CHK has brought to the table. This is what we need to be alert for and to hold them  accountable.

Dan

You built the gas well pad that sucks the gas under your property? I get royalties and after 2 years it has been substantially cut from the first checks. I have 3 properties in 3 different units. Unless your in poor health, or have the whole 640 unit, I wouldn't count on royalties as your pension, Unless you like ramen noodles.

I voted for wolf, my wife works for the state.  She will get more money not working then working.  I will work as long as possible and not worried about taxes on my royalties, which are FREE.  You didn't have to let them go under your ground.  You didn't owe them anything or they didn't ask you to work for them to get the gas under your ground.

With Wolf in office, you really think Shell is going to put the cracker plan in Beaver?  My family member works for the largest construction company in Western Pa and they did  NOT want Wolf to win.
This is a good picture of why fracking is so debated.  Front page of New Castle News.  The house in the picture didn't sign a lease.

That's a very interesting situation.  Here is a link to the story:

Link to full story

I hope those people don't end up with a blitzed well.  Much will depend on soil conditions there a ways down, and also on the construction of their well.  But too many old Pennsylvania (home water) wells were not properly constructed.

Unlike with windmills, completed natural gas wells are peaceful and quiet.  If they can survive the drilling, things will get better for those people within a year or two.  But only provided Hilcorp does not mess up their water.

And the people should sign a lease for sure, and get whatever they can.  Their not signing will not stop the wells.  It will only deprive them of income and (more than likely) allow their gas to be taken without compensation.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service