Our Malaga Township, Monroe County Farm consist of 175 ac completely free of leases, production & reservations. What is the best method of leasing for Oil & Gas? Perhaps an auction? Maybe sealed bids?

Due to our hectic work schedules, we have no time available for attending meetings, reading the newspapers or for keeping current with the local gossip.

My questions are as follows:

(1) Is there any interest in the shale under Malaga Township?

(2) If so, who should we contact?

(3) Is it customary to put our Oil and Gas rights up for sealed bids, such as is typically done with standing timber?

(4) What is the likely impact leasing will have on the surface of a farm?

Views: 661

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. This is not a over night happening. You have a valuable resource it's a commodity oil & gas as such you should market it. They want our oil & gas they must deal with us. Try to look at this way it's not what they are offering it's the value we put on our Oil & Gas Reserves. They will be here it take time to develop don't be in a rush time is on are side. Sealed bid would be one way to market I have not hear of that, oil & gas is not quite like timber but this might be something we could look into. (4) This is a important one you must put a lot of thought into this the do's and the dont's on your farm surface it all comes down to how the contract reads. (5) I believe we must join together in the number of acres we have marketing power.

John

Thanks John.

I'm pretty sure that most of our neighbors already have (Oxford leased) producing shallow wells on their farms.

We do border 1300 acres of state land that is unleased.

In my opinion this is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, if at all possible make time to attend as many landowner meetings as possible.

Thanks Brad,

It doesn't look like well have any free time away from work to attend until late November.

I agree with John & Brad, The Eastern Monroe land owners group has there next meeting scheduled for September 8th @ 7 Pm, You are welcome to attend,

Thank you Tom.
Our farm is located in Northern Monroe County
Attachments:

Margie, It doesn't matter that you are in Northern Monroe, There are members from Clarion to Lewisville, They only used the name eatern Monroe to differentiate from another group of landowners.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service