"Talisman holds open house in LeRaysville"

Talisman, formerly known as "Fortuna," plans to start drilling 40-50 gas wells in the LeRaysville area in the next year, according to Sheldon Lillico, with the company. It has been working in western Bradford County, he explained, and is now becoming more active in the LeRaysville area. ... "
http://thedailyreview.com/news/northeast-pa-gas-driller/talisman-ho...

LeRaysville is East of Towanda.

Views: 580

Replies to This Discussion

I have a question about Fortuna; I know that they merged with/were bought out by Talisman, but Fortuna Energy is still recording leases in Tioga Co. Are they two separate companies that work together, or is Fortuna part of Talisman, or what? Likewise, East Resources Management LLC is still recording leases, but the East building at the "Y" in Tioga County is now "Shell Appalachia".

I don't know where it fit in their organization chart, but Fortuna was the name Talisman operated under when they started leasing the Trenton/Black River in NYS.  They (mostly) dropped the Fortuna name when they dropped out of T/BR development.  Afaik, Fortuna never was independent of Talisman. 

Thank you for posting your question.  I wasn't aware that Talisman was still recording leases under the Fortuna name ... so hadn't been searching for it too in Landex. 

Hi Lynn,

Fortuna was(is) the USA subsidiary of the Canadian company Talisman.  Effective first of last year they changed the name to Talisman USA.  There was no sale or merger.  

Effective in February, Shell has pretty much stopped using any East name.  The latest leases, declarations and DEP permits etc... are listed by SWEPI (Shell Western Exploration & Production Inc.) you may have seen the well site signs changed to this name some time ago as well....  I assume, but don't know that Shell Appalachia is an operating subsidiary of SWEPI.  

That's what I thought; I was just wondering why Fortuna Energy Inc. Is still recording leases (as recently as Thursday (4/8/11).
Documents aren't necessarily recorded when they're signed.  Some are recorded late by mistake ... they'd "fallen behind the file cabinet".  Some appear to be held and batched for recording.   Last summer, "Fortuna" recorded three batches of rights of way for a total of ~60.  (Which gives me an idea of where the pipeline will/won't be.)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service