What do you know regarding the positioning of current politicians that support the landowners and their rights/protections in this industry, particularly those running for office or reelection.…Continue
"Ha! I thought I was protected by the Pennsylvania’s Guaranteed Minimum Royalty Act (Act 60 of 1979). It guaranteed a minimum of 1/8th percent. So logically I thought the higher royalty (17%) was incentive to sign with…"
"There is an older law which states the 12.5%. When i signed with a royalty (17%) I figured well if they take deductions they can't take anymore than law allows. If these leases have legalese that circumvent that law, then it is crooked. This…"
"Something else, can't imagine a competent negitiator arranging a fixed price for sales. They would be fired. Meaning arranging to pay a fixed cost for processing no matter the quantity or selling price. A percentage would be more appropriate.…"
"Awfully quiet round here.
I have heard "rumors" that a couple of the bigger leaseholders have asked Rex to choke back on some of these wells due obviously to low prices. No go.
Must need every little bit of cash even though capital…"
Yes the pipeline building is sort of fascinating.
I had a pretty good look at the Ferree to Kennedy. Very efficient, seemed to have every move planned very well. Had an X-Ray truck going up and down the line certifying the welds as they…"
"Interesting. If these deductions are only based on costs after extraction and if proportionally shared, meaning the energy firm also incurred costs of their portion at 80%, then that leaves them 20% to pay for costs to drill, administrative etc.…"
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. I have a paper that has been put together that shows, in detail, the money from the east that is funding this - the complete paper trail. I need to ask the author if I can share it before I do. It made me sick and that is one reason why I am so furious right now.
What makes this site so great? Well, I think it's the fact that, quite frankly, we all have a lot at stake in this thing they call shale. But beyond that, this site is made up of individuals who have worked hard for that little yard we call home. Or, that farm on which blood, sweat and tears have fallen.[ Read More ]