IF YOU SIGNED YOUR GAS LEASE, YOU CAN NOT GET A HOME EQUITY LOAN OR BUY A HOUSE WITH THE LEASE SIGNED BY ALMOST ALL BANKS BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT LEND MONEY ON THOSE PROPERTIES. JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS

Views: 6101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ULFLYER,  

Not sure what you are looking for exactly, but I took the liberty:

Rate Details
Quote ID: ZQ-KBPQYTJ
Date submitted: July 23, 2012 02:09PM PDT
Loan amount: $200,000
Mortgage balance: $200,000
Additional cash out: $0
Loan product: 15 year fixed
Interest rate: 2.75 %
Assumed rate lock: 30-day
Note due in: 15 years
APR: 2.75 %
Pre-payment penalty: No
Monthly Payment (Estimated by Zillow)
Principal & interest $1,357
Property taxes (estimated) $523
Homeowners ins. (estimated) $44
Mortgage ins. (estimated) N/A
Total $1,924
Total Spent
True Cost
What's this?
$39,222
Fees $350
Interest $38,872
Mortgage ins. $0
Principal paid $123,997
Total $163,219
Contact Lender
Profile picture for johnfearon

Thanks Steve

I will write them or call and see what they have to say. Do you have any experience with them?

Nope.... I merely googled mortgage rates and plugged in an Ohio zip code, this is one of many that popped up. 

A year or so ago I did do a refi that was done entirely online, other than a local agent that showed up at my home for me to sign their paperwork.  It was smooth as glass, but it was not this particular company.  I am merely vouching for the simplicity of doing an online refi. 

Good luck.

I have done that already as well. Amerisave was one and was told the same. They sell to Fannie Mae.

I wasn't trying to stir anything here I was looking for the bank Lori used is all. I will try them first. I don't necessarily need to refinance but if I can save money. I am always for that.  I forgot the exact savings it would be but it was worth the effort.  I think. But people should be aware of the issue all the same.  I typed in fannie mae and gas leases and found I am surley not alone .

Based upon what I found, I think your local lending institution is making something of a mountain out of a molehill.

FHA rules: Keep your distance

The Federal Housing Administration, or FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac all have something to say about mineral rights. Together, these three entities set standards for most U.S. mortgages.

The FHA guidelines state that existing homes must be at least 300 feet from any active or planned oil or natural gas drilling site. New or proposed construction must be at least 75 feet away, unless measures are taken to mitigate noise and reduce the chance of contamination from spills. That distance is cut to 10 feet if a drilling site has been abandoned in compliance with local safety requirements. Minimum distances from petroleum product wells are established after an engineering assessment.

The FHA doesn't track how many mortgage insurance applications are denied due to drilling operations. But those short distances suggest the number would be few, and the FHA says that's a reasonable assumption.

Fannie, Freddie follow local customs

Fannie Mae won't purchase or securitize any mortgage if the property has a "title impediment," a technical term that refers to a claim of ownership or property rights. Among the allowable exceptions, however, are existing oil, water or mineral rights that are "customarily waived by other lenders" and "do not materially alter the contour of the property or impair its value or usefulness for its intended purposes."

Current homeowners who want to assign such rights must submit an Application for Release of Security and a copy of the proposed lease to the loan servicer.

Before granting a release, the servicer must consider the effect on the owner's property rights, the potential effects of any hazards, nuisances or damages, and local customs and community attitudes.

Freddie Mac's guidelines also allow title exceptions. Existing oil, gas or mineral rights are among these exceptions, if certain conditions are met. The rights must be "commonly granted" by lenders in the local area and must not result in any damage to the property or impairment of the property's use or marketability as a residence. No right of surface or subsurface entry is allowed within 200 feet of a residence, and a title policy endorsement is required to protect the lender.

Thanks, That actually looks like it will help. I couldn't find anything like that.  I will definitely look at that some more. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service