Brooke County, WV


Brooke County, WV

All things pertaining to oil and gas production activities in Brooke County.

Members: 46
Latest Activity: Sep 5, 2017

Discussion Forum

Please Contact Our Representatives to Oppose Forced Pooling House Bill 2688 (HB 2688)

Started by Todd. Last reply by Todd Feb 21, 2015. 2 Replies

Dear Brooke County Land & Mineral Owners,House Bill 2688 (HB 2688) hasn’t passed in the House or Senate yet.  It was just passed by the House Energy Committee yesterday so it will now go to the…Continue

Brooke and Hancock County Land Group

Started by Todd Feb 3, 2015. 0 Replies

Dear un-leased Brooke County landowners,We have several thousands of acres in our land group that includes both Brooke and Hancock Counties.  Please call attorney Carl Frankovitch at 304-723-4400 for…Continue

Certified Title

Started by Rebecca Lewis Binder. Last reply by Todd Jan 23, 2015. 1 Reply

Todd,Do you know how I would go about getting a certified title for my my mineral rights ? Thanks so much,Becky (Lewis) BinderContinue

Comment Wall


You need to be a member of Brooke County, WV to add comments!

Comment by Rebecca Lewis Binder on January 30, 2015 at 8:44pm

Thanks Dan, very helpful !

Comment by Dan on January 30, 2015 at 8:27pm
If the company is of any size they should be a corporation or "doing business as". Each State is different in which office oversees corporations but in WV the "Secretary of State" office has this info. You can search any corporations standing and date of incorporation and any event or change of status at the secretory of state website. If they are "doing business as" WV calls this a "True Name" or "Fictisios Name". The site is

You can find any complaints filled against them at the Attorney Generals Office but if they talk to 1000 people or more you shouldn't be alarmed by one or two complaints. Of course the advice of good legal council and tax council would be wise also. Good Luck
Comment by Rebecca Lewis Binder on January 30, 2015 at 11:35am

How can I research to find out what companies are legit mineral rights buyers  ??

Comment by Todd on August 14, 2013 at 9:32pm

Any word on when the pipelines in Brooke county will go live and production will commence?

Comment by Todd on February 5, 2013 at 11:26pm

Mr. Allison,

Easiest and fastest way is to go to the Brooke County Courthouse in Wellsburg and make a copy of the "Declaration and Notice of Pooled Unit" aka the DPU.

Comment by JK on February 5, 2013 at 11:21pm


The way I found out the names of the owners in a unit was by contacting DEP and actually getting the plat of the unit, mailed to me from the chief at DEP.

This plat states the names and how many acres are included plus the lines of all the boundries.

You can call James Martin at the WVDEP.

Comment by william george allison on February 5, 2013 at 7:25pm

where do i find the landowners names on the ov royalty trust well pad brooke county and the production unit size will wv dnr give the info on thier web site?

Comment by Todd on February 1, 2013 at 11:21pm

So, how 'bout all that oil in Brooke County?!


Members (46)


Local Groups

Blog Posts

The Thoroughly Dishonest Justification for the DRBC Fracking Ban

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on February 20, 2018 at 10:11am 0 Comments

The DRBC fracking ban has been justified with a totally dishonest explanation ignoring key facts, prevailing law and even an elementary sense of justice.

The Delaware River Basin Commission, in proposing the DRBC…



February 2018

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service