Has anyone else had this happen? The title to my property had no deficits (according to the Cambridge Office). I called Amegy bank today to see when the check would be sent and I was told that it was “cancelled per land department directive”.

I called Shell in Cambridge and they have no idea what is going on. Any thoughts?

Views: 40758

Replies to This Discussion

This whole operation is so corrupt.  So many rumors, nobody knows.   I know of 4 people who have went into holland and asked for a release.  Total acreage of over 800 acres.  Wheres our representation from Mosser?  No where to be found..Ive been told that if you was in the group we would get paid.  But who knows when that date will be.  Its all ridiculous. Who do we point the finger at? Shell, Holland, Mosser?  I dont know? Any thoughts?

Maybe everyone who has'nt been paid should GO to the Holland office, not call. they may be able to put people off with different excuses on the phone,but we  will need to see some documentation in person.  I,for one, will be heading in there this week to get some answers. I know it's the 5th largest company in the world, who probably could'nt care less about us little pis ants here in guernsey county,but we have rights,there are laws, & maybe if we get some concrete answers we can either wait em out or move on. I'm sure our leases will be worth alot more in a couple years.

Anyone have any new info? I seen where someone from Guernsey County posted on here that it wont be till July or August if then?

On 4/12 the title work to our land had not been completed, last week we chased it down in Texas, yesterday it was traced To Shell for payment. We have been told they (Holland) have no idea how Shell decides to pay or when. In the mean time I called their bank and found our draft had been returned to our bank on 4/30 because the 120 banking days had expired. The same day we recd a letter from our bank advising the draft had been retd and our bank had charged us $30 for a returned ck? I believe we will be paid, not ready to jump ship and take a chance on another lease language. Holland told me we have the option to get a release and sign with someone else? You roll the dice and take your chances.

My draft has been returned also. I have been told from Holland we will be paid for sure but no idea when.... if this is true I have no problem with waiting but when you see/hear all the rumors going around it begins to make you nervous. I do know my lease was recorded back in November and have called Holland in Cambridge and have left multiple messages for Bruce who fails to return my calls. I as you will continue waiting and hoping it does seem more people are getting paid now though so hopefully soon

I'm not going to request a release quite yet.  For the mere fact that I'm already 7 months into my lease.  If/When I get paid, I'm looking at a chance of another $5k/acre in about 4 years already.

I found it somewhat surprising that Holland is so quick to offer everyone a surrender of their lease.  Most companies WANT to get the land leased.  But I guess the more leases they surrender, the less title work they have to do!  That's not very loyal to their client Shell..

Heres my thought to this..How come no one has got a courtesy notification from Shell?  I personally really think that we are all getting our land "cherry picked" and cold drafted.  Name one way anyone can hold shell accountable at this point?  Our Contract is void, and our drafts are being returned, so what holds Shell accountable at this point?  If anyone has that answer Id sure like to hear it. Its a waiting game and Shell holds all the money.  If anyone has tracked down any number to texas its Grande energy you talk to not Shell.  Any ideas on that?  Has our land been flipped already?

Friends that live out by Salt Fork got their $$$ from Shell. Their bank draft expired april 27th. They've been looking for a certified check in the mail or a call from Holland or a call from their bank ,for 2 weeks. Found out that lo & behold ,the $$$ was deposited in the bank account 3 days ago!  Even though their draft had expired 2 weeks ago!  go figure. So now there is 4 ways that the $$$ can come.          Best news is;  It is coming!

-we don't live by salt fork and we woke up one morning last week and found it deposited in our account although the draft had expired. 

Question, how large were the parcels paid around Salt Fork? Just wondering if it is the larger parcels being paid.

I have confirmed payment of several 5 A Parcels and up to  97 Acre Parcel near Saltfork in various townships.

I have heard from Landowners in the following Guernsey County townships that have received payment from Shell:  Westland, Monroe, Jackson, Wills, Center, Liberty, Adams, Washington, & Londonderry.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service