anyone else been approached by CHK in the area? they have contacted me several times since last week.

Views: 9092

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I am a new landowner in Deersville. Just now received a copy of the blank PaidUp Lease from CHK. It appears to be a working interest royalty and I'm not a working interest partner, i.e., I am not sharing in opertating and marketing costs- if I was I shouldl receive a larger royalty %. I am told it is a "standard" offer in the area- $3500 per acre signing bonus, 17% per acre with an option to renew at $3500 in 5 years. Are you guys landowners signing these working interest type leases? What are you being told by attorneys to do about it? It appears they don't pay until they deduct everything including the nails used to post the sign at the leasepad! Sounds like an accounting nightmare for us.

Also- what are the Ohio laws re royalty interests? Thanks for your sharing and help.

Abigail, If you go to the ALOV & S.U.R.E website, http://alov.us/, you will find a lease form titlled SURE lease as of 2012. This lease is almost identical to the ALOV group lease that CHK signed back in April 2011. It would seem to be a good place to start your negotiations.

Thanks for the link, Don. Research on CHK should concern the few remaining Deersville area folks who are being wooed now. I need a good lawyer to help negotiate this deal. Please reply or email me if you know one.

Abigail,

agreed......they sent the same crappy lease to me.....the landman doesn't seem to know much about chk's royalty reputation (or anything else for that matter).........just the standard landman tactics is all i got so far......i think i'm dealing with a new guy, i think they gave him the small acerage scraps.

Booger, interested to know who your landman  (or landshark as the case may be) was.  thanks

I retained David Butz out of Canton. He's handling it for me. That first lease is critical- I'm an attorney and know that an atty who represents herself has a fool for a client! Very happy with his ability, experience.

Attorney Ward Coffman in Zanesville, has been an oil and gas attorney since the 1980's. He's fair and very thorough..

I saw this article today and thought of you. See the link....

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topics/another-chesapeake-l...

Randy

so they are still at it.......you would think this is gonna catch up to them........to the tune of a$$loads of money.................i don't understand how they can get away with deductions on leases that appear to be so clearly written.....

Abigail,  Is David Butz in the Krugliak group?  thanks

Not sure- I will ask and get back to you

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service