Does anyone know if these gas companies and subcontractors use any compressed natural gas vehicles or do they just fill up with foreign diesel fuel?  US has Boon Pickens and corporations asking for governmental support and funding for CNG, one has to ask where the leadership is on this topic.

Views: 13068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Within the last 3 months we have converted a 1965 Mack E6 engine to 100% CNG and it Purrs like a Kitten. Next week we will have a Navistar DT 466 running on 100% CNG and will be available for sale in the next 45 days for older units(Most School Buses use the Navistar DT 466). We are going thru the EPA process to be able to convert up to tier 3 engines. We also have a Mack E7 that will be EPA certified and available before the summer. Not asking for Government Help but just to lessen the roadblocks. Industry can make this transition.

Ed that is great. I am glad to see that you are going thru the EPA process. Can you contact me personally, i definitely would like to include that in my business, as we are needing conversions for DT466

family, I tried to message you, would like to talk to you about Gov surplus auction vehicles, we are thinking of investing.

Ron, call me at 814 673 4980. Lots to talk about

I'll tell you why; the gas is going overseas and the companies that are taking the gas are foreign.  If you think this " boom" will help Pa or US, you are dreaming.  Check out who owns the gas companies for yourself...they are coming here to exploit a resource and leave.   But by the time you realize it, it will be too late.
They are here to drill gas wells, not enjoy afternoon tea.  Billions of dollars in royalty payments, billions in leasing fees, hundreds of thousands of new jobs....  not sure how you can discount all that...

exactly, and all that money is earned here, and more importantly SPENT here, boosting the economy all around town.

and to answer another question caroline, the USA is the largest producer/exporter of Natural gas in the world.  When the gas is sold to foreign companies, that capital is brought back into the USA.  Rather than us buying gas from foreign companies, taking US dollars, and giving them to foreign countries.  The best thing that could happen is the foreign companies RELYING on the USA for CNG, therefore bringing more and more capital to the states (lord knows we need it).

name one industry that the job growth has been in the positive in this recession, other then NATURAL GAS/OIL.  

it has already created thousands of jobs in Western PA, Northern WV, and Eastern OHIO.  Not only for "land agents" or people directly involved in the industry, but also, from personal experience, all the little towns now have their hotels "normally vacent" FILLED FOR MONTHS with drillers, landmen, ect.  Bringing income to local business owners, restaurants, ect.  Drive through a little town where a company is actively drilling and you will see all the old run down market stores and diners that were facing foreclosure, are now always packed with people involved in the industry. The stores are now making renovations on their buildings, all of which would not otherwise be possible without the Natural Gas Industry operations in the area. Landowners are becoming rich, or atleast have A LOT more "expendable" cash, therefore making more purchases on items around town. Previously they could not afford those luxuries until NG companies paid them rentals and royalties. That they could never dream of, consequently boosting economy in a way we have not seen in years.

MOST companies operating in the Marcellus shale play are in-fact American companies, employing AMERICANS, keeping the money in AMERICA. 

Whomever believes this industry will not BOOM the economy in this area simply did not do enough research.  

Dan, I believe part of the problem in lack of leadership (or the appearance thereof) on the federal level is in part to our need to continue shipping out the 'monopoly money' that the Fed currently keeps running off the presses. I believe that the federal leadership is thinking short term right now, worried more about an increase in the money supply at home feeding inflation rather than any actual, real, logical, energy policy.

That said, I feel that the best avenues to increase the domestic uses of this resource are via sate and local governments and the free market. As oil prices rise, local mass transit and fleet operations i.e. school buses, garbage pick up, will be seen as a place to reduce fuel expenditures by conversion to CNG.

As far as the industry itself goes, in Colorado I witnessed operators ending contracts with drilling contractors operating diesel fueled rigs in favor of those with natural gas powered equipment. When fuel costs to run a drilling operation can reach $12,000 a day (on diesel), the economics of fueling a rig from a producing well on the same pad become readily apparent.

As operators contract out the greater majority of the work, some of the operations involved, particularly water and waste water hauling, might best be nudged in the direction of CNG by state level incentives for local companies to convert. I'm certain that if a local water hauling company, given the proper incentives to convert it's fleet to CNG, would find and operator that would find economic incentive to provide somewhere to fuel their trucks, given the cost savings that they could see.

Rather than waiting for leadership at the national level. states like PA might find it advantageous to look at what other gas producing states, like OK and UT, have done to help develop CNG use.

Monopoly money! You are so right on!Has to stop NOW!Ross, I agree and I believe its unfolding as we speak...local and state governments are switching to CNG slowly but surely!Pa. has 160,000 vehicles...hopefully Pa. will take advantage of the opportunity...With a 5billion dollar budget deficit...it would not make sense not to switch now!
the point is not to think up ways to burn up more natural gas by creating a market.  What we need to be doing is conserving and finding alternate energy before there is not one drop of fossil fuel left.   Making cars that use gas is not the solution to our energy problems,  it will just deplete the one of the last remaining resources...even faster.  Is the goal here just to consume, comsume, consume and drill baby drill?  You' ll be sorry when you see the results like we are living with in Dimock.  Knowing the truth takes courage and denial is easy.

Carolyn,I must respectfully disagree with your opinion! Mr. Pickens is correct and we will be creating a market for natural gas as this year progresses...The truth is, you are the one in denial...municipalities,counties,states and even our federal government are switching to CNG powered vehicles as we speak!Cleaner burning,less expensive,a more efficient transportation fuel is the perfect trifecta for our economy...PERIOD!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service