Why are we fighting the wrong battle? Instead of Fighting to Allow Hydrofracing using WATER, we could be pooling our resources to REQUIRE Hydrofracing to USE "Liquified Petroleum" ..

http://ww.gasfrac.com, a Toronto based firm, developed a technology 4 years ago to use essentially "Propane"  as the FRACING fluid..

1. NO Water exposure

2. NO Pollution

3. doubles production on all wells

4. NO cleanup after

5. Half the ware and tear on the roads

6. over 300 Wells currently in production out in the midwest

7. you undercut any arguement from environmental groups

Sadly, almost no one is talking about this

JM

Views: 3955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Informed landowners are much easier for us to deal with, as they can appreciate the fact that we are being straight with them.   This is a great way to interact for the benefit of many and I plan to help out with anyone and everyone I can along the way.  

-Mike

simply Wonderful.. ;-) there are so many that are in need of help

and some that are in need of help and don't even know it!

Mike,

It's usually the ones that don't even know it, that need the most help.

Some more information regarding using "liquified Petroleum" instead of Water. This document is dated a bit, since it is now possible to use this process without having the Pipelines in place first( avery large investment) They roll out about 10- 14 trucks of "Liquified Petroleum" to the site ( as the fraking fluid) and use it as opposed to installing the Pipe first. Of course once the Pipeline is in place, recovery goes out the same pipeline and as of last year , there are over 300+ wells in production...

Attachments:

being new to all of this ...I found this info about fracking techniques/processes quite helpful if any of you that are new to this terminology want to take the time to read it...

http://transloading.org/tag/propane-fracking/

it does say that there is some concern when the propane frack goes from gel  to gas as it becomes flammable.

"Propane fracking involves the same components but instead of water, a LPG in gel form is used. This, too, is non-hazardous and non-toxic while it is in gel form. Once it becomes a gas, there is a flammability issue that has to be addressed."   any real concern here that any of your more educated folk know of?   And would this be considered an 'enhancement' as for some that would result in the lessor paying for the process without sharing in the cost with the lessee as I just learned about in reading a 'market enhancement clause' in a lease contract.

and Methane is not Flamable? ;-)

Mike,  As I said the Technology is fairly new, and using "GAS to get GAS" is not a new Idea, the problem lies in the ability to GEL propane, www.gasfrac.com has solved that issue, where many have failed.. The fact that other companies tried and failed, does not elliminate to fact that one succeeded ;-) This is evidenced by the sheer number of Wells brought online , using this method, in the last 3 years.

I would suggest , you invest a couple of hours and pick up the phone and call GASFRAC, have them piont you to a few production clients, then you personally contact them ( like I did), and as a Gas/oil man, you could be pleasant surprised.. 

As I said over 300 wells in production now, meaning at least 5 million a well, that equates to close to 1.5 billion dollars sopent on technology you say  "does not work" . I have never heard of anyone spending that kind of money year after year, without a reason?

I deal with Computers and many time I have seen over and over again, the differance a simple change can bring to a product or service.. and from the people at these companies I spoke with, this process will continue to increase in use rapidly or at least as rapidly as GAFRAC can produce the equipment and support..

Jean,

Sorry buddy but again, your numbers are overwhelmingly vague and unimpressive. 

Please answer the below questions...

Are those 300 wells all done by GASFRAC or are those petro/propane fracs in general? 

If they are all GASFRAC, how many of them are since they were able to "gel" their propane and how many were early test wells?

What is the average production from a GASFRAC well vs. offsetting hydrofrac wells?

How many of them are in the Marcellus shale?  

How long have those in the Marcellus shale been producing?

What are the IP #'s petro vs. hydro?  What are the decline curves like petro vs. hydro?

What are the opportunities for restimulation later on in the lifespan of the well?

How many are in areas where traditional hydrofracing is impossible (too cold, no water available)?  

What are the depths/pressures/permeability levels in the areas where they have employed this technology?

Are these vertical wells or horizontal wells?  What percentage of each?

Moving on from that, you're telling me that they charge $5 million per well to frac?  Most wells in the Marcellus cost less than $5million TOTAL.   Also, In the 2 minutes that I spent on the GASFRAC website, I saw that they have a proprietary chemical mix that they use to "GEL" the propane. PROPRIETARY CHEMICAL MIX.   The exact 3 words that had everyone up in arms about hyrdo frac fluid.

What happens when a cement job fails and you're blowing liquified propane gelled with who knows what into the water table?  You're telling me that is BETTER than frac water? 

Since this seems to be your crusade, perhaps you should talk to some people who are impartial 3rd parties?  I've never met a used car salesman who tells you that the engine is about to blow up in his sales pitch.  

From what I can tell, the ONLY benefit of this to the environment would be that there is a reduced chance of having it spill out onto the ground on the well pad.  

Hey Mike,

I'm curious.  You mentioned Halliburton's CleanStim earlier in this thread. (the food-grade frac fluid).  I had heard about it a couple months ago.  How many gascoes do you think have been utilizing this in the Marcellus and what are the results so far?  Have you heard anything real-time?

Sherry,
Sorry, but I have yet to hear any real world info.  If I do I will post here.

-Mike

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service