I’m bringing this topic over from the shaleforum. Does anyone know the intentions of these guys? As of yesterday they have leased over 10,000 acres(April 2017- present) in Knox county. Some info from shaleforum members include: they are paying $100/acre for all strata and East Ohio Oil and Gas is a shell company for Western Land Services. Any other information is appreciated.

http://www.recorder.co.knox.oh.us/

Views: 18436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

,,,meanwhile back at the home place each and every one of the nay-sayers are enjoying the cheap warmth of fossil fuels, using electricity fueled by fossils, driving to their meetings powered by fossil fuel  on roads paved with fossil materials by equipment that runs on fossil fuels.  Years ago I told one of these groups that I would respect the opinion of any one of them that walked to the meeting and did not do so on improved roads ,and were not wearing anything made from oil and were willing to go outside and stand in the heat instead of absorbing the A/C in the building.

I am more than a bit tired of being accused of profiteering from my land  by people whose very lives and life styles depend on the crops grown there  and the cheap oil that lies beneath it.

Truth of the matter is all they care about is NOT IN MY BACK YARD!! has nothing  to do with the environment as a whole.

Well said Butch

First off in Columbiana County Columbia Gas subleased out deep drilling rights in their storage field to Hilcorp, and then both parties were willing to amend the old flat rate $200 per year royalty leases to a 21st century standard. Sounds similar to what Columbia has done with Cabot in your area, but this is oftentimes beneficial as in Ohio there is no minimum royalty law so the amendment with a market rate royalty has been an adequate cure to a rather worthless lease where Columbia Gas already had leasehold over all oil and gas horizons anyhow, which essentially means your royalty value is worthless unless you think flat rate royalties are valuable. I was instrumental in helping convince Columbia an amendment is the right think to do back 8 years ago so you won't see me complaining. In fact it was ground breaking. You can research flat rate leases in recent history and lawsuits in West Virginia, Kentucky, and PA and I can tell you an amendment is a blessing compared to being told by a Federal Judge that the old storage and production (dual purpose) leases are enforceable. Some people no matter what will always fail to recognize a good thing when they see it.

Heard over the weekend that some landowners near Jelloway (Knox County) may have a Cabot well soon.

Had not heard the Jelloway  rumor. I have been in that area a good bit lately and not seen any well pad work going on  but have not been down every road and path either.

I did look at the recorders site this morning and EOO&G recorded more leases at the end of last week but  no mine. Landman told us it would likely be March.

Just heard there was some landowners talking around Pealer Mill Rd. I think that would be in the line storage area. 

Uh oh Bill Baker. You better round up your Frack Gypsies and head on down to Knox county :)

I am actually surprised that there has been zero scuttle bug along those lines.

Earlier I had posted that it just may be due to the lingering bad taste in people's mouths from the last bunch of carpet baggers that were highly concerned for our welfare,,, LOL

Recorders site shows they are real busy recording leases again. I am not curious enough to add it all up but lots of acreage in Knox County is under lease.

Mark my word..... someone(lawyer) will get the whole land group deal going again. Speaking of...... not a word from CCJ and this is right in their back yard. That tells me they got their hands in this somehow.

I mean Cabot coming to Ohio is kind of a big deal, right? They probably have leased around 50k acres in a county that is heavily held by production and not even a mention from the Mt. Vernon news. 

Only thing the paper worries about is what's going on south main downtown and the police or fire department scandal of the week.

Inchworm antenna

What was the offer from Columbia to landowners of the Brinker storage field back then? $25/acre and 1/8 royalty?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service