EV Energy Partners has said it intends to keep an additional 73,500 acres in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania, at least for now. The acreage being retained totals 56,600 acres in Ohio and 16,900 acres in Pennsylvania.

The company said it intends to keep its shallow vertical-only wells in Ohio’s Clinton sandstone and the deeper Knox wells.

Walker also announced in Friday’s teleconference that his companies and a partner are developing a new plan to drill 20 new exploratory oil wells in three areas of Stark and Tuscarawas counties.

That drilling could begin late this year, officials said.

The company is seeking to locate and develop what’s called the volatile Utica oil window that drillers so far have largely been unable to tap.

The project’s partner was identified by Walker only as a privately held energy company with acreage near EnerVest’s holdings.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/more-d...

Could the partner be Sierra?

Views: 13095

Replies to This Discussion

Sierra was so worried about well costs and money spent to develop wells in the area. If they are in this joint venture it could help them with not having to bear all the costs of drilling and get some wells done. Last I heard they had around 75,000 acres in the area and could possibly have close to 100,000 acres by now.

My 2 cents is on Red Hill (Kimble) or Braxton (sp) or one of the Texas companies that's trying to buy up mineral rights around here.  Meeting at Perry Township Hall, Westchester, Southern Tusc Thursday 6 PM - with Lawyer Chris White et al for updates on the area.

Please post a recap  of the meeting if possible....can't make the meeting.

community meeting ran by a lawyer he is looking to make money not make freinds .........looking to get a peice of the action 

Just to be clear, when people, even newspapers, claim that a company "owns X number of acres in our area" they are meaning they OWN LEASES to some aspect of the minerals of that acreage, correct? If so, let's not make them look bigger than they are. There's a huge difference between having a lease of any kind and actually owning the land. Confusion is rampant enough, and is often the tool of those who want something from us (our minerals!) so excuse my call for clarity, but I know I need it, maybe others do too. Thanks.

Generally yes, the claims are they own the leases on the acres...not owning the land itself.

im thinking that it wont be sierra due to the fact that the most of sierra acreage is in eastern tusc and enervests eastern acreage would be in the jv with chk/total. if you look at antero last invester presentation they only show enervest acreage in western tusc not in eastern tusc and a good chunk in southwestern stark. they are also starting they want to derisk the volatile oil window which should be western tusc according to almost all maps. im thinking jv with maybe endeavor which is privatly held and has some acreage in western tusc not sure how much.

If it ain't AEP.......they are making in roads closeby:

lets hope it is aep and aubrey ! things will move along alot faster in tusc

probably partnered with american energy .....aubrey mc clendon .....cheasepeake founder and now ex ceo ......he just started his new company and is keying on the utica  with a 1.2 billion dollar of capital

An interesting post.  I can state that Ck does still hold the deep rights to EnerVest's Clinton leases in at least a portion of Warren twp.  And, they are actively soliciting amendments to these leases for the deep rights.  No increase in percentage from the original lease is offered. : (   The Mizer site on 212 and New Cumberland Rd. may be moving forward.  Any news and views on amending old leases would be welcome!

What amendments do they want? Is it for pooling of leases or increasing the unit size? Good to hear Chesapeake is still active in some parts of Tuscarawas.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service