EV Energy Partners has said it intends to keep an additional 73,500 acres in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania, at least for now. The acreage being retained totals 56,600 acres in Ohio and 16,900 acres in Pennsylvania.

The company said it intends to keep its shallow vertical-only wells in Ohio’s Clinton sandstone and the deeper Knox wells.

Walker also announced in Friday’s teleconference that his companies and a partner are developing a new plan to drill 20 new exploratory oil wells in three areas of Stark and Tuscarawas counties.

That drilling could begin late this year, officials said.

The company is seeking to locate and develop what’s called the volatile Utica oil window that drillers so far have largely been unable to tap.

The project’s partner was identified by Walker only as a privately held energy company with acreage near EnerVest’s holdings.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/more-d...

Could the partner be Sierra?

Views: 13095

Replies to This Discussion

Increasing the unit size and amending the original lease to include drilling rights to the Marcellus.  They do state that they are holding firm to the royalty in the original lease due to their new partner in all of Tuscarawas county and that no one will be offered any royalty increase.

What size of unit do they want? Do you happen to know who their new partner is in this? I would want a royalty increase if I signed those amendments to an old shallow lease.

CK exploration llc, CHK Utica llc, Enervest Operating llc and Total E&P USA Inc. 1280 acres. 

OK thanks. That is the joint venture all 3 companies have in Tusc County. Enervest, Total, and Chesepeake are partners in drilling these wells. That must be why they never drilled the Mizer well then. People probably dont want to sign the amendment for the 1280 acre unit size and no royalty increase.

stand firm to better royalties they are getting 20% in belmont county and their mineral rights are as good as urs are and urs are as good as theirs are ......if they wont increase ur royalties dont sign any amendments ..........remember those landmen work for the opil companies and they get ppayed for every acre they get cheap ......landman is a carpetbagger here today gone tomorrow looking for new suckers some where else .....just like a used car salesman......from what i have been told and have read enervest came in here in the area about 10 years ago and bought up as much hbp leases as they could ........also enervest is part of cheasepeakes group of companies ......total is a french company cheasepeake got to invest capitol in the utica .....so in reality the company that owns the well is really CHEASEPEAK........in west virginia i have a lease that was signed with MASON DIXON  who actually was cheasepeak e in carroll county i have a lease that was represented by kenyon actaully was cheasepeake ....and by the way they signed with 17.5% royalties right near the carroll tuscy and stark county lines ....so u should get a higher royalty or dont sign anything .....u have it they want it

Just an  fyi , 99% of landmen these days get paid the same day rate whether you sign or not. The commission days are long gone.  I haven't heard of them increasing royalty yet, Being paid money for amendments is somewhat common.

"from what i have been told and have read enervest came in here in the area about 10 years ago and bought up as much hbp leases as they could"

That's because their business model is to own production.  That's where their money comes from.

".......also enervest is part of cheasepeakes group of companies"

No, they're not.  EnerVest is a privately held operator.  They have JVs with CHK, but they are two different companies entirely.

could the partner be AUBREY MC CLENDON 

That's my bet.

Hello to everyone,

I have been quietly watching, reading and waiting.... while being educated in this developing drama.

I am a land owner near the Mizer well(s) which have been drilled, according to the well field maps, and me seeing storage tank contents being picked up by trucks. Also seen production numbers in the Gas & Oil magazine. talk has been quiet I believe, because they did not find the wet gas ( much heavy crude and natural gas)So they moved south, because they where still proofing there acres

maps show Mizer and Gribi wells with only one leg in one direction (and 2 on each owner)

I have been naughing at the bit since being contacted in Jan 2010 by Chesapeake,that they where going to exercise their rite to drill....which was been postponed 3 times. About a year ago, I signed to unitize our 640 ac with another to make a 1280 ac unit, which an atty advised was ok and that they would NOT increase the %. Recently I have heard from friends that they were told they were some of the last acres needed to complete the unit.....WoW I  think I am in a dream and can't wake up ---->

could  this infusion of new monies  bring them back  ?   rumors say I may see many holes on my pad

said all this to say my current oil company is Enervest, who has joint venture with CHK IMHO

thanks for listening , James 

James, are you saying you signed with no increase in royalty? I was specifically told our acreage would be unitized with the G Mixer acreage. And that made sense to me because we border him. Thanks

I asked for increase and the attorney told me they would not. The old contract is binding

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service