I have been hearing of companys offering $12000, $13000 even $15000/ acre to buy mineral rights. So far I haven't been able to find out who is making these offers. If you've received an offer in this range could you please tell me who made it? Thanks.

Views: 83912

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Your location does not matter."

Very funny, this is a good one.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
David, you pretend that there are absolutely no variables or "what-ifs" involved in this whole thing. That is absolutely not the case. Evan already brought up the example of the explosion at the nearby well pad. There are many other factors that have been mentioned that could affect what you are pretty much describing as a 100% guaranteed payout of $200k per acre. I think that your insistence upon this value and your declaration that the buyers know what they are buying will be drilled for sure demonstrate a relative lack of knowledge of mineral sales/purchases and drilling. (I hope you haven't spent your $200k per acre yet! Lol)

Everyone has a different personal situation as well. Some people need some money now, and it's not your business to criticize them for that.

Most people understand that the idea of investing is to grow your money, and most people understand that the mineral buyers are investing. It's clear that they hope or expect that what they buy from you will be worth more in the future. They also take on the risks I referred to above. Nothing is for certain. The price of oil just fell 50% in a few months, for example.

I am not at all advocating that people go out and sell their minerals. I am just saying that there are arguments both for and against it, and your arguments don't apply universally as you seem to think they do.

You aren't "exposing" any groundbreaking ideas here.

I am not trying to expose anything ground breaking.

I have read the comments stating possible reasons for selling your royalty rights and have not been moved from my position.

Again, if someone is willing to give you $12,000 an acre for your royalties it is very, very likely you will be drilled.

Do you think these "investors" don't have some information that we don't have access to ?

In Millwood township the likelihood of being drilled and receiving royalties is very high, and I will bet that 99% or more of the public owned land here will be drilled and producing royalties.

I have a right to my well thought out opinions, and I have a right to state them.

I have said it over and over, it is your money, be stupid with it if you wish, but at least know what you are doing.

Is this the "Conspiracy Theory" thread?

The only attack here is being carried out by David as he attempts to levy his opinion onto folks who are here attempting to seek accurate information, which his is not.  

Your opening statement, albeit an incorrect one, demonstrates a willingness to gamble. David's confidence (also misguided ) in what is anything but a sure thing demonstrates that same propensity.  

As I have said before, we are not all gamblers.  Many valid and sensible counter-points have been introduced here, both by myself and by others.  David's responses have been crude, insulting, and repetitive. He states that he doesn't care what we think, then launches yet another tirade against us.

You and David are the only ones making assumptions; my suggestion for you and David is that you play the lottery.

Or, since this is 100% guaranteed, leverage all of your assets, home, current mineral assets, stocks, bonds etc and buy up mineral rights and become even more wildly rich than you ever thought possible.  Based on the conversation I can't see why those who believe this is a guaranteed wealth builder to the tune of 200k an acre would hesitate.

Again, I have seen no such posts.

Most of the analysis that's been done is based on current data.  When estimates are made they are not meant to be carved into stone.  In five years the type curve will be known with a high degree of certainty.  For today it's merely a very educated guess.

Dan Warner and G.H. thank you for your intelligent responses. Ed, I am a landowner, I am not in the mineral buying business nor do I have any intentions of selling my mineral rights. I have had to turn off my notifications because this thread has been blowing up my phone. Nothing David Lilly has said on here, over, and over, and over again has had any effect on my decision. He has become very annoying repeating himself. Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but trying to shove it down everyone else's throat, has become very annoying. I like most am on here to hear others opinions and decide what I want to believe. This thread is becoming less interesting for me, because of all this drama. I have reported Mr. Lilly to administration and really I can't believe no one else has. I've seen people kicked off here for less. Now, that's my opinion and I'm done with it. I will not be coming back and repeating it relentlessly. Yes, I do expect to be attacked for my view on this. But you are entitled to your opinion. There dang it, I just repeated myself.

I agree. The pissing match is getting really old. Make your own decision based on your individual situations. Lets move on guys..................

I disagree.

With prices and acquisition budgets tanking, the importance of this discussion has never been more acute.  Those of us interested in facts are still searching for correct answers to our questions.  Sticking our heads in the sand because we have been made to feel uncomfortable would be the real mistake.  I would be very interested in hearing from interested mineral buyers, as well as those who have sold, regarding buyer and price.  

I, personally, only read posts on the threads that interest me.  I am not an internet troll, and I do not post replies, or even read threads on subjects that do not interest or concern me.  This is a public forum. moderated by the publisher, not gangland turf in which you must wear the proper 'colors'.

Perhaps Mr. Lilly would be interested in tendering me an offer for my mineral interests.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service