Dr. Tony Ingraffea to Talk About Fracking at Butler Community College

Renowned authority on shale gas drilling, Dr. Tony Ingraffea of Cornell University, has been invited by Marcellus Outreach Butler to talk about the perils of fracking at:

7:00 pm, Thursday, November 21
Succop Theater
Butler Community College
107 College Drive, Butler, PA 16002

Free to the public. 

Views: 7494

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your characterization of the EPA (or 'perish forbid,' the WVDEP) as "independent" belies a certain tendency to schizophrenia...

(Why? Because no one lives there who isn't a transient working -or hoping to work- the fields themselves, on [or through] meth and hookers. Duh. It's a barren, uninhabitable wasteland, which is where this stuff belongs. And not coincidentally what it creates eventually wherever it invades, festers and grows. It mimics sociologically the diseases it causes medically.)

Greed -and Capitalism- most resemble the cancer cell.

They all rely on infinite growth for its own sake.

"- well, we didn’t think it was credible" ?

Seriously, this is what passes for scientific or statistical analysis? In answer to a formal, peer reviewed study conducted over two years, by a profusely industry-decorated Ph.D? (And please stop cherry picking your "peers" - of which Imgraffea has exactly EIGHT- as if the O&G industry didn't own the lion's share of the 'picks,' and ALL of their OWNER "institutions, or as if we didn't know the definition of "peer review"  includes the word "Independent")

This is exactly what I expected of an "energy secretary" who from all analysis I can read, refused to use any of the tools available to his department (FTC and CFTC) on the Commodities Speculation sector, to keep oil prices down, presiding over an increase from $35/bbl to $95, despite a four year 2.4% DECREASE in demand, and a surplus of supply due to ND(Eagle Ford) and TX(Bakken) increases in production ("oil inventories are at or near all time highs.")

(OR, "prices $30 to $40 higher than they should be"- Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson) 

add the statistical suggestion of connections to the gas industry, whose prices went down supposedly (but not here in WV monthly bills!) ...But let's just watch where this Chu winds up since his unexpected resignation in March, shall we?

That silly study was laughed at within days of it being released....even at its initial press conference when he admitted he allowed no methane releases from coal mining....which is a joke. Ever hear of coal mine explosions?  Too much methane! Several studies since have debunked the whole thing but the Antis keep using it because the media will not give it the proper dissection it deserves.

And the reason that oil is so high is because of all the instability in the oil-producing areas of the world.....like Nigeria, Libya, Iran, Iraq, SA, UAE, and more.  And Obama and Chu did nothing to curb the speculators because they want oil to be very expensive as that is the only way for wind and solar to be even considered. Part of the War on Carbon.

"laughed at?" Only by the extraction industry.

And this entire website proves it's a desperate, futile laugh.

It was laughed at by other scientists that laughed when it was revealed he allowed for ZERO methane emissions from coal extraction.

Rodney,
Reading these paragraphs leads me to conclude that you have absolutely no grasp of economics. I can't even begin to respond to your points, futile. Sorry to be so negative.
Dave

Ah - hadn't you heard? Even Friedman became a Keynesian.

Or do you prefer "the full cuckoo" and espouse Reagan, Von Mises and Rand?

I would be fascinated to hear ANYONE try to justify the Halliburton Loopholes, on any level, and from any direction. With whom exactly in mind were the CWA and CAA written, if not high volume frackers?

Was there a epidemic of individual citizens dumping anti-freeze, benzene or Diesel into the ground?

It's right up there with "voter fraud," "welfare queens" or "Benghazi."

So there it is, the obligatory leftist talking points. Now we know from where your opinions (science?) originate.

As a Libertarian, I would be more than happy to close the loopholes to corporate interests. I'll be the first one to stand up and demand an end to crony capitalism, but this includes subsidies to your leftist favorites wind and solar too.  I would also take away the "welfare queen" payments because the Feds have no business creating wards of the state who are incapable of feeding themselves.

As for voter fraud, it does exist but statistically it has no impact.  Benghazi was a disaster and really shows the State Department's incompetence as well as Hillary's but our foreign policy is so screwed up I don't have the time or energy to dissect it, nor is this the proper forum to do so. Fortunately, Libertarian voices were heard load and clear so we stayed out of Syria but that was an exception. Typically the military-industrial complex wins those battles by lining up the R's and D's who receive large campaign donations or who have large defense contractors in their districts and states.

So there it is - a "Libertarian."

Let me know how it turns out to COMPLETELY deregulate business, if this (recession and fracking) is an example of what they do with only SOME regulation - however little.

There is a reason governments are needed, and it's NOT imperialist conquest of others' resources. And, huge country - huge government needed.

Ours doesn't work because it's 

a:TOO capitalist (led logically to fascism,) and

b:too small to regulate business, which is

c: allowed to be TOO LARGE. It needs to be broken up and capped, by nationalizing some things -like HC, defense, banking, and energy.

Proven: Privatization (at least)doubles costs.

DISproven: Voter fraud, "welfare queens," welfare/drugs, 'trickle down' (floats all boats)economics, tax cutting, entitlement cutting, "voter fraud," "ACORN,"  ACA "Death Panels" and "Benghazi." 

The so-called Hali loophole was because that section in the CWA and CAA were about injection/disposal wells, not about HVHF. It was for controlling long term waste disposal, not about short term rock fracturing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service