1. State
2. County
2. Lease Bonus Offer
3. Royalty %
4. Terms (length of the lease)

Views: 14276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EXCO for $3,750 has not closed but this is a solid offer that EXCO wants the landowner to accept but the landowner has not decided yet.

Stone Energy Corporation for $3,500 is signed. Landowners will (or won't) get paid at the beginning of December.

Armstrong Gas Company for $2,000 is held up by a title problem but Armstrong has not backed out. As soon as the quiet title action is completed this deal will be done.

Markham Run Partnership L.P. has paid a number of landowners.

Landowners rejected Stone Energy's $1,500 offer and L and C Alpha Gas and Oil's $2,400 offer.
Don't forget. When they get all the people who will sign up at these figures they will quit for awhile and them come back with higher numbers. If the money looks good to you take it, it may be a while before they come back and offer the $5000/acre for 5 years and 20% royalty or more.

Google the Barnett to see what Texans pay Texans - and the Marcellus and all the other shales that will be productive in this area from the same leases and drill pads are significantly better than the Barnett. Texans are upset because it is now hard for them to get what was the standard 25% royalty.

And the producers really do not want to have to rely on a so called Forced pooling law because they will risk having to share their great profits with forced partners.
Sam I agree with you, but only up to a point. I have a friend living nearby who leased over two years ago for only (circa) $1900/16/5. I told him at the time he did very well, something I continue to believe and reiterated to him just last week.

You might wonder how I could re-assert such a thing with numbers running today close to three times his bonus (and more), and with 20% royalty fractions being routine here in NEPA where I live. Well, the answer is my friend is eighty-three years of age . . . and doing very well I might add. But even two years ago he would have been nuts to turn down the numbers he accepted. While younger folks might have time to hold out, not all of us enjoy that advantage. It is of little benefit to acquire money when there is insufficient time remaining to spend and enjoy it.

As for forced pooling:

Show me the precise details of (whatever) forced pooling law, and I will be able to offer an opinion as to its attractiveness to the gas companies. When it comes to forced pooling statutes, the devil is very much in the details.
I agree with Frank. Numerous people I speak to are most concerned with the bonus payment because of their age - this despite often being fairly well educated in Marcellus offers.
Doug,
You give a plug for Advance Royalty Solutions, are you affiliated with them? I followed your link and it took me to a contact page to fill out. Who does that page go to?
Thank you
William
Doug,
Are you affiliated with Advance Royalty solutions?
I went on their site not sure where you are on it?
William
I'm sorry I thought that maybe you worked /consulted for them & I could deal directly with you. From my experience these companies either have representatives/Landmen that have territories or recieve some sort of monetary compensation when they can assist someone such as myself. I'm a retired Forester and have quite a bit of acerage to deal with.
William
Doug,
I was contacted tonight by a landman from ARS, Veronica English. She was most informational and extremely pleasant to deal with. She really seemed to take my concerns and needs into play and talked through quite a few ways that she/ARS could help me. The most important thing was that she explained her background, very genuine and up front honesty. Something you do not come across too much! I appreciate the offer to talk with you, but I really wanted to talk with someone at ARS directly. If you want her information I will gladly pass it along!
Thank you again,
William
Doug,
Tried to email you but got it returned. Can you tell me are you affiliated/consult for/work for ARS? I saved the contact sheet and will send it through if you do. I really want to speak directly with someone from that firm. If not its okay. I am sure I can find someone in my area.
William
Check AVR's web site. It does not sound like a producer. As and when a producer comes around, I would guess it is likely to provide a better deal than a middle man who has to make a profit in the process. You can learn a lot yourself just by exploring on the Internet and going to public meetings where Marcellus and other shales are discussed.

Be sure to have a knowledgeable attorney review any contract before you sign it. I worry, perhaps unnecessarily, when people start being secretive.

I really don't want to get into business on this website, b/c
I do not know how much ARS wants me to talk about on here, nor do
I know what I am aloud to talk about.
sounds like someone wants to get another in a corner
and use sign language.
I just don't want to get into any "legal issues" with contract rights and such. [What could be wrong with talking about "legal issues"?]
So, please email me at your earliest convience.

Try the Penn State site for an abundance of information - and lots of other web sites. There are not many secrets.
I cannot disagree. Each person has to make her or his own decision as to what is best.

AND we do not know what the law will be.
1. State - PA
2. County - Clearfield
2. Lease Bonus Offer - $3750 ($750/year for 5 years)
3. Royalty % - 18%
4. Terms (length of the lease) - 5 years
5. Company - EXCO

1. State - PA
2. County - Jefferson
2. Lease Bonus Offer - $3,000
3. Royalty % - 15%
4. Terms (length of the lease) - 10 years
5. Company - EXCO

1. State - PA
2. County - Clarion
2. Lease Bonus Offer - $3,500
3. Royalty % - 17%
5. Company - Stone Energy Corporation

1. State - PA
2. County - Clarion
2. Lease Bonus Offer - $2,400
3. Royalty % - 15%
5. Company - L and C Alpha Gas and Oil, LLC

1. State - PA
2. County - Clarion
2. Lease Bonus Offer - $2,000
3. Royalty % - 15%
5. Company - Marham Run Partners L.P. (Snyder Bros.)

1. State - PA
2. County - Clarion
3. Royalty % - 15%
4. Terms (length of the lease) - 7 years

1. State - PA
2. County - Clarion
3. Royalty % - 15%
5. Company - Marham Run Partners L.P. (Snyder Bros.) & Armstrong Gas Company

1. State - PA
2. County - Clarion
2. Lease Bonus Offer - $1,500
3. Royalty % - 15%
5. Company - Stone Energy Corporation

1. State - PA
2. County - Armstrong
3. Royalty % - 15%

1. State - PA
2. County - Armstrong
3. Royalty % - 15%
4. Terms (length of the lease) - 7 years

1. State - PA
2. County - Armstrong
3. Royalty % - 15%

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service