The main thrust of the site will always be leasing and drilling information. With that said, I have noticed several political discussions popping up.

Reply with YES or NO; should we add a political group?

*If added the discussions for this group would not be on the homepage where the main page forum currently is displayed.

Views: 4586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you started a discussion with this title. People expect to be seeing the political question here, so you might get additional responses in another discussion.

No we should not.

Plenty of other places available for politics.

I would prefer no political group.
yes if the political agenda involves related issues to the laws and control of the landowners rights to allow drilling fracking and details such as tax increases and such , not just politics in general

No, if we're talking politics in general.

Yes, if the discussions are limited to those affecting the oil and gas industry, including landowners and mineral holders and if kept separate from the normal forums.

My $.02 mirrors Finnbear's and, BTW Finnbear, I too am a Proud American Mutt, lol (this relates to a comment you made elswhere on this site), and my favorite deer rifle is my new T/C Venture in 30/06, 1/2" MOA all day long with Remington green box ammo. Yeah!
no
Thanks for your input - seems to be leaning no...

Politics in general???  No.

As background from my perspective, I am a charter member of the largest online Great Dane forum, which had a political arena for several years.  It did not work out, and the rancor it generated spilled over into the regular forum.

However, shale gas development is soaked, drenched, and dripping in politics! 

There are so many issues that cry out for mineral landowner input and action.  (The emergency drilling regs for West Virginia come to mind, as does the issue of forced pooling.) 

I would hate information and discussion about these issues prohibited on the board.

Brinlady

As a long time observer of several horse forums, I know exactly what you are talking about! Political discussions inevitably bleed over into other topics and the nastiness becomes unbearable. Sites have closed because of it. I also agree with your comment that the shale gas industry is imbued with politics. However, the issues you mentioned can be discussed within the context of the existing forums without starting a separate political discussion (a rant and rave thread, so to speak) in my opinion.
All best,
Mira

Thanks, Mira.

I see your point and hope that this is how things work out.

Brinlady

Good points about politics poisoning the discussion...just come to my family's holiday gatherings!

For Mr Mauck,  our site manager. Sounds like a good idea for a completely different website.  Have one dedicated to politics and recommend people use a different loggin name or alias than they use here.  That would prevent the spillage as people would have no idea of who is who......sorta like married dating sites....not that I would know anything about that!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service