There seems to be some progress in drilling in Stark County Ohio.  Seems most wells being drilled are vert. wells going into the Clinton formation.  Any insiders know what the plans are?   Are these test wells or maybe wells that will turn into hort. wells in the Clinton formation.  Has anyone heard what the production of these new wells are?   Just wondering here in Stark County.

Views: 2576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My guess it must be a clinton formation they are drilling into. 

The well on Beech St is a clinton well too. It is called the Mille Unit 3 well. It is a 40 acre clinton well by Enervest.

There is a horizontal clinton well in that I think Enervest drilled.  The well site has 6 big oil tanks on site just like most of the utica pads I see.  There is a really big pump jack.  Talking to the landowner he said Enervest must have really wanted his piece of land for this well because he got enough money to buy a brand new tractor to try to lower the amount taxes will take.  He said the well is a great producer but is always broke.  The oil company is constantly there working on it.  When I drove by yesterday they had a rig there like they were pulling some pipe up.  An oil guy my family knows who is involved with some of this said that on these horizontal clinton wells the pump is actually in the horizontal part of the well.  Enervest liked this well enough that they moved from there to drill another one about 10 miles away.  I think it is very exciting.

Views: 2454

advertisements

Replies to This Discussion

Jeff, where is the well at that you are talking about.  County city etc?

NW carroll county and then the well they moved to is in stark county off georgetown rd

There is also the Dickerhoof horizontal as well as the Rummell horizontal by Enervest which is very close to Georgetown Rd. Both in Stark County

hope these first clinton horizonals show good returns .....this could create a whole new oil boom for the area ...........it was a big boom in the 70s and early 80s 

Is the Clinton formation that different from the UTICA/PP?

If Enervest can amke o go out of the Clinton wells.....could the UTICA/PP wells soon follow.

Right now I see Enervest as trying to unlock the oily play to the West of the current sweet spot of NGLs

I'm no geologist, but.....

Clinton is a sandstone, Utica is a shale.  Clinton, while not particularly porous, is many times more porous than the Utica, so therefore, oil will migrate through the sandstone to the wellbore much more readily than it will through the shale.

The Clinton has responded to conventional hydrofracturing over the years very well.  The earliest Clinton wells that were completed for natural gas (possibly back in the 1920s?) produced without the the benefit of any hydrofracturing.  With one or two exceptions where significant natural faulting occurs, nothing is coming out of the Utica Shale without massive stimulation.

NEED TO PUT A MASSIVE FRACK ON SOME OLD CLINTON VERTICALS....LUCKY IF THE FRACS OF THE LATE 60 AND EARLY 70S WERE A 1\3 OF WHAT THE FRACS ARE TODAY 

THIS WELL IS ON THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE OIL WINDOW IN NW CARROLL COUNTY ...THINK THEY MUST BE ABLE TO GET SOME OIL OUT OF THE UTICA .....IMHO THEY NEED SHORTER LATERALS AND CLOSER SPACING AND DRILL AND COMPLETE SEVERAL WELLS ON A PAD AT THE SAME TIME 
API #: 34019220930000
County: CARROLL
Operator: ENERVEST OPERATING L
Well Name & Number: CAIRNS 5H
YEAR: 2013
Quarter 1,2,3,4: 4
OWNER_NUMBER: 7578
OIL: 3957
GAS: 29052
BRINE: 600
DAYS: 92
BOPD: 43
MCF/Day: 316
WELL_NM: CAIRNS

WISH I HAD A WELL MAKING A TANKER LOAD EVERY 4 DAYS

Here is the plat map for the horizontal clinton well by Enervest in Carroll County Harrison Township below. As well as the location of the well.

http://apps.ohiodnr.gov/mineral/oil/MRMImages/17/2/243333.pdf

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NDAuNzk4OTAxfi04MS4zNzg1MDImbHZsPTQmc...

API #: 3401922094000

THIS WELL IS JUST NORTH OF ATWOOD LAKE  WISH I HAD A WELL MAKING A TANKER LOAD EVERY 2 DAYS AND 4 MCF OF GAS

County: CARROLL
Operator: CHESAPEAKE EXPLORATION LLC
Well Name & Number: OTT 13-16-7 10H
YEAR: 2013
Quarter 1,2,3,4: 4
OWNER_NUMBER: 8756
OIL: 5028
GAS: 26534
BRINE: 1135
DAYS: 59
BOPD: 85
MCF/Day: 450

The danger with a giant Clinton frac is that the frac could go "out of zone", opening up the ocean and thus ruining the well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service