Does anyone know the status of the gas well positioned on 660 and mudge road, between the Rice residence and the old Mudge place?  They have removed all of the equipment pretty well, and it looks to be done? As I don't know much about the process I wondered if anyone had any knowledge as to what is happening with the well.

Views: 5274

Replies to This Discussion

What did this Scott Snow want? If your father is in the unit, he should know it, and it would be reflected in Landex records.  I think you need to find out what exactly the status is of your father's lease. You should talk to whichever company held the lease; is he in a unit or did the lease expire? Tell your father not to sign anything until you are sure what is going on.
 Is there alot of steel tanks there?If there is that means it has to be fracked yet,the tanks hold the water for fracking.
This communication seemed strange to me as it was a hand written note, with an attached business card. The business card has a semblance of the shell logo, with a well in the middle. The note stated that he was in a unit, and that the lease had expired before the papers had been filed. The note finished by asking him to call him-signed Scott Snow. When I checked on landex today, there was not unit listing-except for the earlier listing that showed that dad was in the fish well. Then we established from here, and other papers at the courthouse that he was not in the amended paper work. So he wasn't in a unit and his lease had expired. I think at this point we should either sit tight, or go down and see the people at the shell office at the corner as this guy seems to be connected with shell.

Google:   "scott snow" landman

It's your father's decision, but curiousity would be getting the better of me.  I'd email him (instead of playing telephone tag) and ask what Shell is proposing.  Do they want ro (re)lease the land, or what?

Shell contracted a firm called Long Consulting to do a lot of this lease work. Long then hires up these landmen.  So, in a way they "represent" Shell.  The guy that contacted us kept his credentials as "independent", also.  Probably saves on the cost of printing up cards.  These guys seem to have some real estate background, and some gas and oil background, but have varying degrees of professional and people skills.  A hand written note is kinda tacky.  My guy wasn't too bad but he loved to hear himself talk.  None of them can make decisions on their own if you want to modify or depart from the standard lease clauses that are already approved.  The good news is that it pretty much confirms that the lease expired, so that you can negotiate a new one with today's compensation levels.  No worries, just do your homework.

Got an email from one of the neighbors out there.  That's the drill rig on the pad.  Once things get going, the operations in progress will be pretty much unmistakable.  Thanks for the update.

I agree; the landman who contacted me had "Representing SWEPI" and "independent landman" on his business card. He actually works for Long Consulting, but it doesn't say that on his card. It's very confusing, and I wasn't sure exactly who I was dealing with.
Seems like Scott Snow now says Dad is not in a unit, and they would not be doing a renewal of the lease at this time!??
Then why did he contact your father? In my experience they don't contact you just to tell you they aren't interested!

Long Consulting is a hold-over from ERI (East).  According to one Long landman, the contract was transferred to Shell with the sale and would be in effect for two years.If the address on the card is 125 S. Union St., Olean, that's a Long address. 

A possible reason this landman contacted your father was that he saw this GMS thread.   The only was to confirm what he meant is to contact him and ask. 

The well out back of the house is now with a full rig and piping constantly being replaced so I would say they are doing the horizontal runs now. Does anyone know how many of these horizontals they are doing there?

Also, over behind the old Rice homestead, on Rice Rd, it looks like the holding pond will be finished up by the end of the month. We had the water tested over there also.

Hi Preston.  Thanks for the update.  There are permits for 4 horizontal legs on eFacts.

All of the rigs are down at the end of deer season up there. It looks like they will start fracking soon if not doing it already.

Our property is still on in a unit, even though there is so much activity within such a short distance with the pond behind the homestead, and the well behind the house. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service