Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138354

Replies to This Discussion

Law suites cost a lot of money , and with the NY Judges stacked by Cuomo , the outcome is probably negative ...

If they were all that interested in drilling non-conventional gas wells in NY, the multi-national energy companies would provide the money for the lawyers. 

Ann,

Why would the multi-nationals spend the money now? NYS is like money in the bank, and they certainly have not exhausted WV, OH and PA yet.  Still lots of territory to work there, with new sweet spots for M/U to be discovered and developed. 

Cuomo is running for the White House in 2020, so they might be saving their legal budgets to fight the Antis at the Federal level in 2021 and after.

That was my point; the industrfy is not interested in developing NY now. (Everything is not "politics".)

I agree with you.....politics is not everything. But with regard to fracing in NY, it is most definitely about politics, that being the ONLY thing.

What do you consider the objective of those who support the moratorium to be? 

A NY governor as president is (still) not in the cards. Example: Pataki, a Republican. Which of course does not mean that Cuomo wouldn't try anyway. Imo, he is betting that unconventional gas development would not be the most effective way forward for upstate NY's economic development.

It occurs to me that some people may not be sure how to compose a letter to SWEPI requesting the surrender of acres not included in a unit or depths of formations beneath the deepest point drilled.  I thought I might provide an example to use.

(Date; --/--/---)

SWEPI and to Whom It May Concern;  (This phrasing is in case SWEPI sells out to another company in the future.)

In accordance wit the terms of the oil and gas lease signed with East Resources on (original date of lease) and later purchased by SWEPI, I am hereby giving notice that, upon expiration of said lease on (give your upcoming anniversary date of your lease.) I wish to terminate all gas and oil lease agreements with SWEPI and any company that has assumed control of said leases, concerning land owned by me that is not already contained within a unit and/or beneath the deepest point drilled in that unit.  The plot of land currently leased is identified by Tax Map number(s) _____.  (These numbers usually can be found on documents sent to you by East or SWEPI describing how much of your land is involved in a unit.  These numbers are also on your yearly real estate tax bills.)

Signed; ________________ (your name)  (You might want it notarized or you might want to run it under the nose of your personal lawyer, but it should get the job done even without those measures.)

You can change the wording any way you see fit.  This is just a general suggestion of the possible wording.  Good Luck!

Mineral,

I plan for the worst and hope for the best. His ideas seem more suited to California or Illinois politics, but I am not disparaging any point of view. A return to some good old fashioned decency in politics is my fervent hope, but I fear that ship sailed long ago.

Cuomo panders to the crowd in NYC while Upstate NY withers away economically ............ 

In some regions of NY nearly 1/3 of the houses have no siding , only wrapped in that plastic Tyvek .. Why Tyvek ? The Aluminum siding had been sold off ................  

What pipeline(s) has NY "prevented" that impacted export of natural gas from Tioga County, PA? In fact, an upgrade to the Tioga County extension of the Empire pipeline has been approved.

Iirc, while the Constitution pipeline was intended to handle gas from the Tennessee Gas pipeline, that would not include additional gas from the existing Tioga County PA connections. And, the project was hung up by Williams' refusal to individually consider using a trenchless stream crossing method. The question is, even if they thought that was foolishness, why not just do the paperwork so the project could continue?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service