As I recall from some earlier post most of the right of ways are in place for a pipeline ( is it called the north beaver pipeline? ) running to the thompson well site.

I think some work has commenced on this project but have not seen anything such as actual pipe being put in place.  Waterlines yes ( I believe to tharp pad ) but no pipeline/infrastructure.  The fact they are putting/spending money on waterlines to that pad is a good sign though.  I am guessing more wells to drill and frac soon. 

So, even if the right of ways are in place has anyone heard of an expected time of completion on this project?  As everyone knows without it in place, there will just be alot of wells shut in with no production.  Some leases dictate production or limit the shut in period or the lease expires.

Of course I suppose they could just revert to trucking product away from well sites if need be and thus avoid any leases expiring and I do not think any leases state how much has to be produced.

Thanks for any info on pipeline progress.  If I see/hear anything I will post it. 

MLB

Views: 5913

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I see the dirt piled up by the dozers so that is good.  So what are they doing here?  Connecting two pads or sending two pads production to the thompson pad for processing of some type

I tend to agree on one hand that I will end up HBP but that can only happen if they put the pad on my place and so far that is still on hold.  Otherwise they cannot reach me from anywhere as there are too many "no surface leases" in all directions.

Sometimes they simply do not read the leases very well.  I told them several times that my lease says no pad within 500 ft of occupied dwelling.  They kept putting pad drawing within restricted zone.  They have little wiggle room due to some nearby wetlands.

If they come back and put within the 500 ft I will have to be compensated for any changes in my lease and Id want them to pay my atty fees to make the amendment.  ( anyone heard of this?  I feel if they break the contract then I need paid for that quite simply ).

Sorry, got a bit off topic.   But what im saying is that I also have a pugh clause where they must have 60% of my land or else the lease expires after the primary term of 5 yrs.  Based on what I have seen so far they are somewhat inept at reading the leases or have so many variations that they may think that 5 or 10 acres holds me when that is not the case.  I will likely have a few acres in another unit but not enough to be HBP due to my pugh clause.

Thanks.

I also don't look for them to head out towards rolling acres until they drill a few more wells.  Kinda sparse and with several on hold near rolling acres seems like they would want to coincide pipeline with wells unless they just want to have them in place.  But I have seen the pipeline map and my place was on it but no one has contacted me at all about a ROW which tells me they aren't coming real soon.

As I said this whole thing will hit a boiling pt in a few yrs as the leases get closer to expiring.  At that point unlikely we will be wondering what they are going to do.

There are new flags in the ground where I was told the line from Rolling Acres was to cross a friends property near Old Blackhawk road, as well as weeds trampled down around previous flags. They must be surveying once again for this line. What this means in the timeline of things, I don't know. 

Also, inregards to you saying in a few years leases will be closer to expiring: I can tell you that a lot of the leases of the large parcels (60+ acres) around my area are expiring starting this fall into next summer. They have to get moving one way or the other, or we will soon be hearing from them about a top lease.

I agree though that in 2 years things will be drastically different than they are right now.

Any idea where the kirkwood pad is in south beaver?  I just saw that one on my notices and had not before.

Also, I'm guessing here but what are there in northern beaver county 15 well sites?  Or close to that.  South Beaver, Chippewa, ohioville, darlington.  Maybe more proposed or on hold such as mine.

Thks.

If i'm not mistaken I believe it is in the vicinity of the Powell well, which is on Hodgson road. To check, goto our county website and search for the last name of kirkwood, then look to find the one that has an address in S. Beaver. Click on their lease and it will give you the address, or at least the property owners bordering them. I've done that in the past to find out where a pad will be.

I just counted them and I come up with 17 wells so far, with 4 more in beaver county South of the Ohio river.

They are making good progress on the ROW from Thompson.  They are currently pushing the top soil back on the ROW.  They have branched the ROW and crossed Wildwood Ext. at the Tharp Pad, then proceeded up the hill across Tharps field and have crossed Fredericktown, proceeding along a similar route they used for the water line.  They have crossed Wildwood  and are heading to the Burdick Pad.  Lots of dirt being pushed, just waiting for the trencher to arrive.  Curious if this is the 8" line they talked about this spring or something larger.

I sent a friend request.

Short update,

A customer just left that is part of the STI crew clearing the ROW and also installing the pipeline. He tells me they were told that they would be in the area for possibly 6 years! He also mentioned that they will be laying more than one pipeline in some of the ROWs. He mentioned 10" and smaller lines.  I ran out of time to talk to him, but he will be back.

Thanks, I will look into it. The more pads the better obviously. I figure 3 to 4 million to build each pad/drill x say 15 to 20 pads makes the investment significant.  Plus they are spending money for the connection of the two pads in ohioville.

Regardless of what type of gas they found thus far, eventually they will need a return on these wells.  The more pipelines etc the better...more likely for them to connect more and more in our area.

Well, Rig 39 is on the move again.  Finished first phase on the Fedorchak Pad and removed the rig.

The pipeline is proceeding quickly from Thompson to Tharpe, to Burdick, and beyond.  Pipe is about laid out, ready for the next step.

thanks for the update!

pipeline guy stopped by yesterday. He claimed that they have plans to lay 55 miles of pipe around here. He claimed all wells were going to be connected and sent to the cracker plant . If a cracker plant extracts liquids maybe that means "wet gas" or not ?  Anyway he ended up being at the wrong house. The property owner he was looking for is east of all the wells in place now so maybe gas will end up at plant. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service